We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight parking close to the Hilton?

oceanside, ny
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight parking close to the Hilton?

Does anyone have any alternatives to paying the crazy $27.00 a night fee plus tip for a 6 night stay at the Hilton. The bill would come out to be more than what I got to rent the car for crying out loud! Thanks

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
740 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight parking close to the Hilton?

I asked the same in a previus post, use the search function to read my post, maybe it will help you?

EK

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight parking close to the Hilton?

You may want to reconsider renting a car for your entire stay.

I was by the Hilton today and I looked around to see if there was another alternative. There really is no overnight parking in the area. There is some handicapped parking available on the side street where the Hilton is.

I did see 3 parking enforcement officers by the beach today and 2 officers on horseback. They are very strict. I was at the beach yesterday and an officer was giving a ticket to someone. I thought it was just a time issue and offered to put some change in the meter but the officer told me it was another issue. The car was in a handicapped spot. The handicapped permit had expired 2 days ago. I met the owner on the beach. He was from Michigan and looked to be over 90. The officer had no pity. I wouldn't take a chance.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight parking close to the Hilton?

I'm not sure what the situation is with the parking area behind the Holiday Inn at A1A and Sunrise, which I think is just a few blocks north of the Hilton. It is a small covered area right near Cafe Bluefish. I think SueWIck from England who stayed at that Holiday Inn said they parked there for $10 a day last year. I know I have parked there to attend functions at Holiday Inn but not in the last year or so. I do think they supply parking for several of the bars and restaurants in that area as well- I do not recall what I paid and what the regulations were about overnight because it has just been too long ago- and I don't knowi f that price is special for Holiday Inn. lodgers . The street it is on is called Sunrise Lane right behind Holiday Inn and it is between the Parrot Bar and theCafe Bluefish if you want to drive over as you come that way- you would go all the way east on Sunrise Blvd and turn south right before you get to Holiday Inn. Your hotel is a few blocks south- can't remember how many-maybe you could unload luggage and come back and park if you establish that they will allow it at a reasonable rate.

All the big hotels like the Atlantic and the Sheraton Yankee Trader have their own parking and I have no idea what they would charge. I have never heard of anything approaching $27 before- but then again I seldom park at a beach hotel except for a few hours during a meeeting.

Just amazing how expensive our beach has become!

4. Re: Overnight parking close to the Hilton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 02:18