We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Hotel - Need Recommendation

5 posts
Save Topic
Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Hotel - Need Recommendation

I realize this question has been asked before, but we are looking recommendations for a hotel near the Ft. Lauderdale Cruise port to stay for one night, leave our car and get a free shuttle ride to the cruise port. This is for November 17. We will be arriving via car very late on Friday night and basically need a place to sleep and leave our car for the week. We have 4 adults (myself, my husband and 2 college age daughters) and plan to get 1 room.

Basically we are looking for a hotel for 1 night:

Reasonable price

Free breakfast

Free parking

Free Shuttle to/from cruise port

We do not really care about hotel location since we will be arriving very late and leaving after breakfast.

Thanks for your recommendations.

7 replies to this topic
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,872 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Hotel - Need Recommendation

This is a very frequent topic on Cruise Critic, specifically here: https:/…

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Hotel - Need Recommendation

I believe the the Hyatt Place on SE 10 th has a stay and park package and has many restaurants nearby and free breakfast. Like most extended parking places here, Hyatt will shuttle you to the pier for small per person charge, but with four of you, paying for a taxi will end up more economical . None of the free parking hotels tend to offer port pick up on your return as they can never predict when you will exit customs and are not allowed to park and wait- but again a taxi back to e Hyatt shared by 4 passengers will be very inexpensive- I'll estimate a $15 taxi fare shared by all each way- not worth the hassle of the shuttle- which will likely cost twice that for four of you. and will make multiple stops enroute.

Beware of many hotels touting "free shuttles".they are generally fleabag properties in questionable areas and will shuttle you to their property which is usually poorly located in a bad area with nothing nearby.

Since the Port is very close to the airport here ,a free shuttle is not a good reason to select a hotel- particularly for a group sharing one ( really cheap) taxi fare.

Edited: 09 October 2017, 18:31
Fleming Island...
Level Contributor
163 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Hotel - Need Recommendation

I am looking for the same thing you are for the end of November. I need parking for 12 days. Found this: www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi

Looks like it's renovated, reasonable,free bfast, and offers free parking up to 30 days!!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Hotel - Need Recommendation

Your link seems to have timed out- at least for me... maybe can you just mention which Marriott- is it the Marriott North on Andrews Ave? Quite a distance from the port and airport and always looking for customers on weekends as they are i na business park setting- not in the tourist area - and their business travelers leave on Friidays till Monday- just a guess based on past use of it by some cruise lines for pre crusie packages- hey get the rooms dirt cheap. Not a very good location if you want to see anything of Fort Lauderdale pre cruise- you are really stranded once the shuttle has dropped you off.

Fleming Island...
Level Contributor
163 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Hotel - Need Recommendation

marriott.com/hotels/…

I do not know if this will work for the person who asked the question originally. But in my case, it will. I live in FL and don't need to see Ft. Lauderdale plus I have a car. For me this is a hotel for an overnight stay and nothing more.. their cruise package starts at $169 plus tax. One cannot beat the 30 day parking :) Actually, I know I will use the same hotel in December, too for my 3 week trip to Poland, hands down.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Hotel - Need Recommendation

OK- Fairfield Inn is a member of the Marriott Family - it is just south of the Airport. For someone who just needs a place to sleep and is not concerned with dining or sightseeing opportunities it a would certainly work- and has been recently redecorated if I recall- big parking area there, so I am sure they do offer long term parking.You do have to specify the long term parking package if you want your car to stay there while you cruise or travel- it's not automatic with every reservation.

Fleming Island...
Level Contributor
163 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Hotel - Need Recommendation

I guess, I should have specified that the cruise package starts at $169 plus tax and includes, parking up to 30 days, 2 bfasts ( or however many occupants one has in the room) and 2, 1 way shuttle transfers to the port. I thoroughly researched and there is no hotel withing a 5 mile radius that offers 30 day parking unless one pays for the additional nights. I was quoted between $350-$549 to park for 12 nights plus 1 night hotel room for my cruise. For my Dec trip where I need 22 nights of parking, I was quoted between $500- $700 roughly.

Reply to: Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Hotel - Need Recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale