We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
239 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

Hello Forum

We arrive near Midnite at Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street!

Are there any late night places to eat within walking distance of the Hotel?

13 replies to this topic
Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

That time of night the only place I can think of would be Southport Raw Bar but they are only open until 2am Thursday through Sunday. I only like sitting outside on their deck since it is somewhat dark inside but at midnight I guess that may not be an option. Their food is good. http://www.southportrawbar.com/

There may be other places in the Harbor Shops shopping plaza but I couldn't get the web site to work. Southport and the entrance to Harbor shops is one block East on 17th street from your hotel. Southport on the opposite side of the street on Cordova. Easy walk to either. Just thought of another, Quarter Deck which is open late and close to Southport. https:/…

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
170 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

Village Well Pub

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

Waxy O' Connor's , a pub across 17th St is open till 2 am- every night not absolutely sure if the kitchen stays open quite that late or just the bar area- but give them a call at 954-525-9299 from your room. It's just west of the Cordova Rd traffic light ( at Embassy Suites) on the north side of 17th ST. Very walkable.

Do I have the Village Well confused with some other place ? The one I am thinking of is in Lauderdale by the Sea , miles away, so not walking distance. by any means...???

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

If that doesn't work, go north on Cordova at that traffic light and just beyond the Winn Dixie Market is Quarterdeck- open till 1 every night, 2 am on Fridays and Saturdays.. It's almost across Cordova from the Southport that Harry mentioned ( I don't know their hours at Southport)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

Will you be arriving at Holiday Inn by taxi?

Harry- sorry- I see you had mentioned Quarterdeck- so I didn't need to- with these bars it is a question of how late the kitchen stays staffed- I may be going by Quarterdeck in the next couple of days - I'll ask them...

Edited: 10 October 2017, 15:07
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
170 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

1023 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, behind Waxy's.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

Thanks Dan- that's a new one on me- I'll have to look for it!

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

Let us know what you discover at Quarterdeck Lulutoo. I didn't know about Village Well Pub in that location either.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

The shopping center where Village Well is located is pretty run down looking from the outside- so I seldom really look to see what's in there.

Interesting that I can find nothing in Harbor Shops open very late- -Joe's Diner there which opened as 24 hrs years ago is only open for breakfast and lunch these days- maybe off season hours, but I am sure not 24 hrs at any time of year now - and Duffy's , a large sports bar there is only open till 11.

PS for Harry-Jody, Rick, John and I toasted you and Sue with our $5 margaritas at Sea Watch Happy Hour last night- you were missed ( great margaritas with clam chowder as a chaser..) .We have got to get you back one day soon!

Edited: 10 October 2017, 15:37
Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express

Thanks for the toast!! Clam Chowder chaser sounds good to me.

Reply to: Late Night Food Options 17rh Street Holiday Inn Express
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale