We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach hotel with easy trip back to airport?

Kernersville, NC
Level Contributor
137 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Beach hotel with easy trip back to airport?

Hi, we will be staying in Key Largo and spending our last night in FLL due to an early flight. We would like to stay on the beach in a nice hotel if there is one with an easy (quick) drive to the airport. We will be flying out on a Saturday morning at 8 am (next Saturday the 21st). We have a 12 year old daughter. Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach hotel with easy trip back to airport?

Hotels on the south end of the beach are closest- B Ocean is a nice one - Best Western Plus on Seabreeze is less fancy next door to it- Courtyard on Seabreeze is a bit further north . I'm not a fan of Bahia Mar Doubletree which is also pretty convenient ( room conditions vary there - some rather shabby ones in the n mix). To get to or from FLL for all of these you go across 17th ST Causeway between US1 and Seabreeze .- I'd say it's a 10-15 min drive depending on traffic/time of day/

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach hotel with easy trip back to airport?

Marriott Harbor Beach is also a quick ride to the airport and more upscale if that's what you're looking for.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach hotel with easy trip back to airport?

I depends on what you want to spend. As mentioned, B Ocean, Marriott Harbor Beach, and I'd also throw in the Courtyard by Marriott. All will be a real easy ride to the airport at the time of the day.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach hotel with easy trip back to airport?

Since you would be driving to the airport at roughly 5 am.... any of the beach hotels up to about the Hilton would be fine. Have done that drive many times for a 6/7/8 am flight and am often virtually alone on A1A until I get to Rt1. Very simple trip that early.

Reply to: Beach hotel with easy trip back to airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale