We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what IHG resort.. golf, near port,

Montreal
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
what IHG resort.. golf, near port,

Hi,

We will be in FLL 2 days prior a cruise, we would like to book our room with our IHG points.. they are mostly near the airport/cruise port..

We would like to golf one day, and probably go out to the Las Olas area, or the Blue Martini area.

Been to FFL often, but not sure what IHG hotel is best to cover all this.. we will be using Uber, and if possible, recommendations of golf course not too far from this area...

thanks

newlu

4 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,197 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: what IHG resort.. golf, near port,

I know of no golf course anywhere close to the Port area- land in that area is too pricey for that. Most golf here is out west of town.

Montreal
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: what IHG resort.. golf, near port,

thanks.. I figured that, perhaps I should start by looking at golf courses (more in Hollywood and Plantation area I think) and figure out what hotel is closest to all..

thanks

newlu

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,197 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: what IHG resort.. golf, near port,

Plantation Preserve is about the closest I can come up with- about 10 miles west- basically chain motels in that area. Not sure about Hollywood- some older courses there - some may have shut down. I guess it depends on what you will spend most time doing- I'd stay on the beach drive to the golf, but that's just one opinion. The area between golf courses and the beach is not the high income part of town- so not much in the way of hotels.

Montreal
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: what IHG resort.. golf, near port,

thanks!

We have booked the Marriott (points with them also) on the beach, and looking at golf courses, they are just 7 to 10 miles away, prefer to be in the center location.. thanks for your help!

Reply to: what IHG resort.. golf, near port,
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted