We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel and restaurant near airport

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel and restaurant near airport

We are spending one night in Fort Lauderdale and I've been reading reviews of Hilton branch hotels as we have points. We don't need anything special but every time I think it might be OK, I'll read a reference for "musty smell," or "old coast smell" which reading between the lines means mold to me.

So what I'm looking for is something, doesn't have to be Hilton, that people can tell me for sure doesn't smell musty as we have allergies and would be checking out before we check in.

As for a restaurant, it would be great if it was somewhat close to the hotel although we could taxi, but I would like it to be romantic with ambiance, possibly Cuban, great food. Or maybe just the one restaurant you would eat at if it was your last meal in Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks everyone!

23 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel and restaurant near airport

There is an Embassy Suites and Hilton at Ft. Lauderdale Marina......pretty close to the airport and area with a lot of restaurants. 15th Street Fisheries is close to those hotels. A little further away is Coconut's....really good seafood on the intracoastal. For romantic, even further away is Cafe Seville (Spanish, seafood).

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel and restaurant near airport

Thanks gator.

Looking at restaurants and I liked the looks of the Secret Garden at the Pillar's Hotel. I was wondering how long a drive this is from the airport? Also was thinking about Canyon and wondering the same thing, how far from the airport?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel and restaurant near airport

I think the Secret Garden and Pillars are two separate things. Pillars is an upscale small establishment on the intracoastal about a 15/20 minute drive from the airport. It doesn't have large grounds to my knowledge or from what I've seen. I think they hire a chef to come and cook for you.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel and restaurant near airport

To dine at Secret Gardens, you have to be staying at Pillars or be a member.

FLL airport to the Canyon is 7 miles.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel and restaurant near airport

Thanks for the clarification.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel and restaurant near airport

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sonesta. It's only a 10 min drive or so from the airport. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel and restaurant near airport

The Pillars is exquisite, I had the chance to stay there one night some years ago...... expensive, but perfect. AND, it's only a short walk to one of the favorite restaurants of virtually everyone one this board, Casablanca. It would be on my list of last meals

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel and restaurant near airport

Unfortunately the Pillars does not have any availability on the night we are staying.

Maybe I should be looking for a hotel near Casablanca?

Edited: 18 November 2017, 13:32
Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel and restaurant near airport

Looks like the husband made an executive decision to stay at the Hampton Inn North due to proximity to the airport and a 7:00 AM flight the next day, also free with points.

I liked the looks of Casablanca and Canyon but they are both 20 minutes away. We can Uber but was wondering if there was anything of that quality, (ambiance and food) I should look at closer to the airport?

Thanks everyone, you've all been very helpful!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel and restaurant near airport

I'd say there's nothing good in that area, I couldn't advise on that area, the places the hotels web site claim to be nearby aren't. Chuck's Steakhouse closed some time ago and even if it was open it wasn't close by, there is one on Commercial a distance away. Hopefully someone more familiar with that area can come up with some ideas.

Reply to: Hotel and restaurant near airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale