We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Important! SW airlines dual boarding at FLL

aurora, co
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Important! SW airlines dual boarding at FLL

SW Airlines is now boarding from the front and the rear of the plane at Ft. Lauderdale airport. To board in the back, you walk down some metal stairs down to the tarmac, then walk up metal stairs into the aircraft. If you are in B boarding group or C, do it. My husband and I had mid B boarding passes but ended up in the last row, him in a middle seat and me by the restroom, last two seats left. While we were in line on the jet way in the front of the plane, waiting for people to stuff their bags in the overhead, the C group snagged all the seats in the back of the plane.

6 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
15,788 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Important! SW airlines dual boarding at FLL

They’ve boarded like that for years @ FLL your best bet is always Group A

aurora, co
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Important! SW airlines dual boarding at FLL

Haven't flow into FLL before or encountered dual boarding. Know now to board from the back.

New England
Level Contributor
412 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Important! SW airlines dual boarding at FLL

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't experienced dual boarding on a SW flight before, even in FLL. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the opportunity!

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Important! SW airlines dual boarding at FLL

I haven't experienced it either on Southwest in FLL, and some years we fly 5-6 times a year. Once, when a flight was late in another city, they did it to speed up the boarding process.

�����
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Important! SW airlines dual boarding at FLL

Thank you so much for this information! I get a little nervous when it comes to flying and I sure don't want to have to set apart from my husband because there are no seats left together.

New England
Level Contributor
412 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Important! SW airlines dual boarding at FLL

@Patty, "Upgraded Boarding" might set your mind at ease.You pay more but you know you'll get a seat in rows 1-15. You can ask at the ticket counter and / or gate for details. Details on their website as well.

Reply to: Important! SW airlines dual boarding at FLL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale