We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Company to Offer "On Demand " Water Taxi Service

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
New Company to Offer "On Demand " Water Taxi Service

There is apparently to be a bit of competition for the existing Water Taxi service. A new company has announced they will provide "on demand" water taxi service ( I think they will call it River Taxi to differentiate) rather than the one price , all day pass Water Taxi now offers. The new firm will have just two boats, I believe- there is mixed opinion on whether this business will be able to make a go of it- but it certainly will allow another option for getting around. Here's one recent news report:

sun-sentinel.com/news/…108415.story

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Company to Offer "On Demand " Water Taxi Service

I remember that's how it was years ago before the water bus started up. We used to call the water taxi on the phone and they would pull up right at my Dad's dock and take us wherever. I can't imagine it could work well for long with only 2 taxi's. Seems like it would be hard to plan when they would arrive to pick you up, especially since it says if you flag them down they will also pick people up that haven't called. That was a problem years ago. We'd make a reservation for a restaurant, and the water taxi would be REALLY late, and we would miss the reservation. I hope it does work, it's always nice to have another option.

2. Re: New Company to Offer "On Demand " Water Taxi Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 13:20