We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Boat parades- Ft. Laud 12/15, Pompano Beach 12/16

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Two Boat parades- Ft. Laud 12/15, Pompano Beach 12/16

For those interested , there are two parades of lighted yachts coming up- the larger more famous Winterfest Boat parade in Ft. Lauderdale on 12/15

www.winterfestparade.com

and the smaller 'homier" Pompano Beach Boat Parade the next night 12/16- some of the same boats will participate

www.pompanobeachchamber.com/index.php…

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Boat parades- Ft. Laud 12/15, Pompano Beach 12/16

I bought my tickets for the winterfest parade through those Publix coupons. Its a 5$ off coupon and they give you a free Florida Panthers voucher for a hockey game, if that interests you that is :)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Boat parades- Ft. Laud 12/15, Pompano Beach 12/16

We won't see the parade this year only because we're coming down in January. But past parades have been wonderful!!! Visitors will have to scope out a spot on the intracoastal to watch if they don't have a room facing the intracoastal. Many times we've watched the activity from one of the area bridges. How come the second poster bought tickets? What are the tickets for? The parade itself is free.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Boat parades- Ft. Laud 12/15, Pompano Beach 12/16

I bought tickets because I want to sit and watch it at the Grandstand viewing area at the state park. Its my first time going.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Boat parades- Ft. Laud 12/15, Pompano Beach 12/16

Thanks for responding; Would you mind telling where the State Park is? It's the first I've heard of it.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two Boat parades- Ft. Laud 12/15, Pompano Beach 12/16

Birch State Park is right at Sunrise Blvd and the Intracoastal Waterway. Winterfest sets up grandstands there every year and sells tickets. it's great spot for viewing ( weather permitting)without paying a fortune for an overpriced dinner at one of the few restaurants with views ( which are usually really overcrowded and unpleasant in my experience). You can get ticket info on the Winterfest website. They usually have booths and activities set up fro those who want to arrive early and avoid traffic jams ( which are horrendous that day- those staying on teh Beach be forewarned- they will posts signs in advancve of times when the bridges will stay up to let boats pass- it causes big gridlock!

www.winterfestparade.com ( I think)

Iknow Publix has a discount promotion, but I hadn''t paid attention - thanks to AudreyBella for that - Audrey- I remember when you were looking to see your first Boat Parade- now you're a veteran!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two Boat parades- Ft. Laud 12/15, Pompano Beach 12/16

Lulu, I remember!! I am getting to know the city pretty well. My boyfriend is new to the city so I am having a good time showing him around. It will be his first boat parade and hes excited.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
83 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two Boat parades- Ft. Laud 12/15, Pompano Beach 12/16

Lulu- I have been sending everyone I know to Birch State Park. It is $2.00 admission and parking is at the Galleria Mall on Sunrise Blvd. with a FREE shuttle to the park. The #1 reason I tell people this is that the parade is not 1 or 2 hours, it's more like 5 to 6 hours. Legs get tired and people get hungry. Birch Park is set up like a "State Fair" with lots of food and drink vendors and plenty of bleacher seating.

I would like to advise folks that even though the parade route has changed to include some of the New River, if you are at the Performing Arts center you will not see anything but boats lining up. The Sun Sentinel is reminding people (in very small print) that you need to be East of Riverside Hotel to catch the parade on the river. Otherwise, set up shop anywhere North of Las Olas Blvd. on the Intracoastal.

I'll be in both parades this year, running the "Wild West Showboat".

8. Re: Two Boat parades- Ft. Laud 12/15, Pompano Beach 12/16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 10:17