We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langerado Music Festival

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Peteresburg...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Langerado Music Festival

Has anyone heard anything about the Langerado Music Festival in Mar. It is held at the Big Cypress Seminole Reservation. The hotel packages they offer are all in Ft. Lauderdale so I am confused as to how far it atctually is from Ft. Lauderdale to the reservation. Is it a distance that would be reasonable or should I try and make arrangements to use the campgrounds at the reservation?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
578 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langerado Music Festival

It's a good long way from Lauderdale, but bear in mind that Big Cypress is in the middle of the Glades, so there isn't much else nearby. It's the same location Phish used for their legendary NYE show in 2000. If you're going to be partying, you want to camp. Cops will be out in force on 595, no doubt.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,874 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langerado Music Festival

The 45-50 miles from Hotels to the concert sound accurate to me- and as Awful Cat mentioned it is in the middle of nowhere, so other than those hotels, camping is likely your only option. I see they offer hotel/shuttle packages as well as shuttle only ( from Sawgrass Mills Mall), but not excatly cheap; If you are willing to drive about 45 min to an hour , you could stay in the hotels mentioned or choose your own hotel , drive to Sawgrass Mall and use the shuttle only. It looks like every hotel anywhere near Sawgrass Mall is pretty much listed on their site to me, but there may be few slightly further east not offering a package that could possibly be slightly cheaper if I look again more carefully. No closer options though.

Miami
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Langerado Music Festival

You COULD check out the hotels out in West Lauderdale, Weston, Plantation, by Sawgrass.. but why not just camp. That's half the fun at a big festival. The Phish show in 2000 was incredible.. it's a cool spot for a show. It will take you at least 30 mins from the nearest hotels to get to Big Cypress. I say camp...

I remember the first two Langerados were TEENY TINY. NO camping, the second one was held in Hollywood Circle which is so small. It's pretty awesome that they have turned it into a REAL festival. I have gone every year except last year, and I don't know if I'll make it this year. Anyways... CAMP buddy. Camp.

DC
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Langerado Music Festival

I'm headed to Langerado and planning to camp. I'm wondering about RV though. I see they have an RV resort where they set everything (including food/transportation) up, but it is EXPENSIVE.

Anybody know what RVing on your own would be like at Langerado given that there are no water/electric hookups in the general camping area. If we can camp right next to the RV, wouldn't it be worth it for a group to rent a smallish RV and drive that into the camping area and camp next to it?

USA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Langerado Music Festival

I am going to Langerado but think I will have to stay in a hotel. I have went to Bonnaroo before and camped, but unfortunately, I have to stay in a hotel this time because of travel arrangements for some people in my group. has anyone ever stayed at a hotel for one of these festivals before? how different is the experience? is it a pain? we will be taking the shuttles so don't have to worry about driving, but how much does it limit you...especially since the hotels are so far away?

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Langerado Music Festival

In Naples, we could theoretically drive from our house every day, but prefer camping (I have 3 tents) There is no way I am going to fight traffic in the middle of the dark after parting (and drinking). Tents (even big ones)cost no more than $99, you most likey won't need a fancy sleeping bag in March, camping is included in the ticket price. bringing in an RV will cost like $100 more, but I am not sure if they have hook ups. Camp-- the festival is in the middle of nowhere, and no one will give a s@$# if your hair is not blow dried. There is a new Pro bass shop which has plenty of camping supplies at exit 128 if you are comming from st pete, but Target and Walmart have stuff.

St. Peteresburg...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Langerado Music Festival

*BUMP* Getting Closer. Anything New?

Albany, NY
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Langerado Music Festival

I am going to the show for the first time... i love camping and the whole bit, but i DO NOT do port-a-potties... do they have restrooms, or is it extreme roughing it?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
578 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Langerado Music Festival

I haven't been to Langerado at Big Cypress, but considering it's 35 miles from anywhere, I would think that portable toilets will be the best you'll find.

10. Re: Langerado Music Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 14:21
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale