We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo in Ft. Lauderdale area.

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
326 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Condo in Ft. Lauderdale area.

My husband and I are cruising out of Port Everglades in May and have 5 days before our cruise. We would like to rent a condo, directly on the beach. I would like something a little upscale, with a nice pool, near nice restaurants. Surrounding area is fine. We need 2 bedrooms as our daughter and husband will be joining us the night before the cruise. I keep reading about run-down communities and am hesitant to book anything. HELP.....

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo in Ft. Lauderdale area.

I think it could be hard to accomplish your wish. We have very few condos directly on the beach ( the city owns much of the beach)and many of them have severe rental restrictions - frequently minimum rental periods of 1 month or limit of one renter per year. There are a few with liberal rental policies, but sometimes those are away from the beach or as in the case of one - the Ocean Manor , which has many short term rentals, a very poorly maintained place with very shabby accomodations. The VRBO site is full of rentals there- personally, I wouldn' t touch it. I've seen it myself as distant relatives booked there and called us over when they didn't know what to do about their door that didn't lock, light fixtures that were falling off the wall and plumbing that was moldy. It was a dump and was the best of teh three accomodations they were shown to choose from. They encountered one surly employee after another- I think they are so accustomed to complaints that they could care less- they know folks will never come back.

I think you may want to look into the Hilton Hotel on the beach- it is across the street from the beach and they have a very upscale Oceanview 2 BR suite that would likely run about $350 a night , depending on dates. It's the closest I can think of to a luxury accomodation with two bedrooms. There is a new condo /hotel opening shortly , The W , and they may have something similar, but I don't know.

I don't think the Atlantic , another condo hotel across from the beach, has anything with 2BR ( but you might check.) and I cannot recommend Beach Place by Marriott- it is getting pretty seedy looking and I would not call it upscale.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo in Ft. Lauderdale area.

The Doubletree Gallery One has 2 bed units.

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

The pool area is OK (not really special) the deck overlooks the intracoastal and they have a little faux beach. I stayed there a couple of years ago and liked it.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo in Ft. Lauderdale area.

Not sure if the W will be open in time for your visit. The Hilton Beach Resort has what you need as does GalleryOne but since you said you prefer to be on the beach, the Hilton would be my first choice. It's only been open 2 years and is a great property. They also have a really nice pool area on the 4th (or is it 6th) floor.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
326 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo in Ft. Lauderdale area.

Thanks for the suggestions. Beach is important. But just might not be in the cards. ) :

Does anyone know anything about The Tides on Hollywood Beach? The VRBO looks pretty good. Not real sure how far from Ft. Lauderdale Port that is. A lot cheaper than Hilton.

5. Re: Condo in Ft. Lauderdale area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale