We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galleria Mall Restaurants?

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winterpeg
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Galleria Mall Restaurants?

We will be staying near Galleria Mall with no car. Are there any good restaurants here with a variety of foods good for a family (travelling with two fussy eaters)? Don't want to go to a really expensive restaurant where my kids won't eat anything. They are older and both enjoy a good steak , but one likes pasta with tomato sauce but wont eat fries and the other one is just the opposite, loves fries, hates pasta. Both love mashed potatoes with gravy but I find that's hard to find. Neither are big on baked potatoes or green vegiesj, they won't eat salad but sometimes soups. Neither likes seafood or chinese, but I love it. My problem is always that everyone wants something different. So I need a place that offers good food with variety and flexible menu choices. Anything like that with good food at Galleria Mall or nearby? Would be nice to have some ideas where we can eat before we get there. Don't always want to go to a buffet or Dennys type restaurant. We will be there for 4 days after a cruise and would like to do a couple nice places at least. Last vacation we wasted a lot of time trying to find restaurants where we could all find something we liked to eat. It would be nice to avoid that this time around. Would appreciate any info or advice, thanks!

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galleria Mall Restaurants?

The Galleria Mall has:

PF Changs - http://www.pfchangs.com/

Seasons 52 - http://www.seasons52.com/

Capital Grille - www.thecapitalgrille.com/about/main.asp

In addition there is also a large food court in the lower level of the mall which has a wide selection of different kinds of food.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,979 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galleria Mall Restaurants?

Not only will the food court be your savior with those kids, look just outside it for a separate Sbarro Pizza outlet which is over by the shops on the same level. It has decent pizza by the slice and a hot/cold buffet all day which is sold by weight. They always have roasted chicken , usually wings as well, spaghetti and meatballs, a few other pastas, tossed salads and cut up fruit.among other choices. The kids can see it before they choose it and you can just take as much as you think they will eat. I sometimes eat there and just take small spoonfuls of a few things I want to try.

The Food Court is terrific too- but no well known fast food places- a bit more upscale- but everything from sushi to Mexican, Chinese, Italian to a make your own salad place. You chosse from teh differnt outlets and pay at one register for all of it. It's right outside the mall entrance to Dillards lowest level ( Men's Dept) Look left for Sbarro and right for the Food Court ( Has some fancy name like Piazza del Georgio if you see a directory.)

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galleria Mall Restaurants?

That food court was my savior when my 3 kids were little, and it is even better now.They all really liked the buffet at Sbarro,and I have to say, it was pretty good.I can't believe it has been there so long-I'm guessing 18-20 years.

Winterpeg
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Galleria Mall Restaurants?

Thanks for all the suggestions and the links to the restaurants were very helpful - I was able to view the menus. Looks like P F Changs and Seasons are out - but Capital Grille should work out okay for a nice steak dinner as they do have mashed potatoes - is the food very good there? Sbarro sounds like it will be perfect for our more casual meals. Appreciate all the info!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galleria Mall Restaurants?

You can try Cafe bluefish which is over the bridge toward the ocean. I don't remember the side street's name, but it is nearby the the galleria and it is casual but really good.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,979 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galleria Mall Restaurants?

I think it's on Sunrise Lane- one block south of Sunrise Blvd and one block east of A1A-my favorite place to go for a fish sandwich!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,979 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Galleria Mall Restaurants?

Oops, make that one block WEST of A1A.. one block east would dunk you in the Ocean!

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Galleria Mall Restaurants?

Capital Grille is very good and consistent -- I've been there many times for lunch and dinner and the service is always great, as are the steaks and everything else... they also have a lot of daily specials too.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,979 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Galleria Mall Restaurants?

I'm not going to say Capital Grille is unfriendly to kids - their service is excellent for everyone , but it is a very upscale place with a "boardroom" look and fine napery on the tables - and even with teh specials, pretty high prices ( worth every penny though). I'm not sure most children would be comfortable in that surrounding- it would not be my #1 choice to bring youngsters from our family- though I have seen some families celebrating a birthday or anniversary there.

Winterpeg
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Galleria Mall Restaurants?

Thanks Lulu, but I reviewed the menu on the link, I was hoping to find something a little more upscale for at least one fancy night out while in Fort Lauderdale - a nice steak house with some variety on the menu for side dishes, as my kids are fussy eaters, and it looks like their menu has some choices available. Also, my kids are older (12 & 18), more mature, pretty quiet and well behaved. We've taken them to upscale restaurants in town where we live and they fit in fine , I just hate going someplace with a very limited menu or style of foods and paying a fortune and there is nothing they like to eat. Neither likes seafood or chinese, or anything green, one likes one thing and the other doesn't, and they are just fussy in general ....basically, real pain in the @#*! Last year we wasted a lot of time on vacation driving around trying to find a place that had food we all liked. They both like a good steak though, it's mostly the side dishes I was worried about! A little mashed potatoes with some gravy or au jus and they should both be satisfied. I don't mind the prices as long as the food is good! This is a vacation after all so I want to try to experience a good restaurant in the area. We wouldn't pay that everyday but would like one fancy dinner out. We stopped at one place to eat in Orlando last year, the prices were really high but we were tired of driving around and just wanted something good to eat, so we stayed and ordered, but it turned out to be awful, lousy food, big dissappointment. Trying to do a little research ahead of time and avoid that this year. Plus, this year we won't have a rental car to drive around in. Also, as I said, Sbarro sounds like it will be fantastic for our more casual meals. I am still hoping to find a good crab house/seafood place where I can get some good seafood and they (the boys) can have something else like a steak or ribs or something, some place with good food and good variety of sides on the menu that we can get to by cab from Gallery One. Thanks again for all the info. You guys are great!