We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
242 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

HI Everyone,

I found some info about the water taxi that I didn't recall reading here, so I thought I'd share ... follow this link to the water taxi website for a list of participating restaurants who, when you show your water taxi ticket for that day, will give you a discount. Most are 10% off your bill. I, for one, plan on spending some time on the outdoor deck at Bahia Cabana, so was happy to see it on the list. :)

http://www.watertaxi.com/cruisendine.htm

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,085 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

Didn't know that, there is usually a coupon for Shooters printed on the back of the water taxi ticket, but I wouldn't eat there anyway. Thanks for posting that.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
242 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

You're welcome. Just curious ... why don't you like Shooters? I may want to avoid it too. Thanks!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,085 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

Shooters is nice for a drink, but the food is very mediocre, you can get far better. Think a poor version of a meal in Chilis or Dennys and you've more or less got it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
242 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

Thanks for the reply. Good to know. It sounds like a good place to avoid with so many other great choices!

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

If you take a taxi there is a book in the back of the seat with discounts for all kinds of things.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

I wouldn't call Shooter's a place to avoid.While it may not be gourmet food, we enjoy sitting outside there overlooking the Intracoastal, especially at lunch time. The salads are actually pretty good.Much better than Chili's or Denny's IMO.

Next door is Charley's Crab, and we have had good dinners there the last 2 years.

cthom526
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

I lived in Fort Lauderdale for several years and have kept a winter home there even though I'm now living in New York. Shooters is a good, fun place to go for great burgers and a nice view of the Intracoastal waterway canal. It is one of the most popular places in South Florida and that is because it has good if not very good basic food, decent service, a great view and atmosphere. It is far better than a Chili's or TGIF but is not gourmet quality. It is also located next to a couple very good restaurants; Charley's Crab (great brunch) and Opa (Good Greek restaurant). This is the first stop on the Water Taxi and is not to be "avoided" but I wouldn't run here if you want gourmet and/or expensive dining.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

I agree that if you stick with burgers, salads and "bar food" Shooters is an ok place. It's more about watching the boat traffic going by and folks jumping off yachts and "go fast" boats- sometimes moored three deep on weekends- than good dining.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

Jody- How was that cruise??? I'm in major envy!

10. Re: Water Taxi Restaurant Discounts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 09:23