We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfront Condo FtL Area

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
JSN
san francisco
Level Contributor
362 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfront Condo FtL Area

I am researching our Christmas trip of about 10 days. Looking for a condo unit with a balcony that overlooks the ocean. Preferably a high rise; we don't really care about anything else. Anything up to 50 miles north of FtL. Would really like to keep the rate under $160/night.

I found a great place on vacation rentals dot com but the owner wants a deposit now (that's fine) but the rest in cash before we arrive. This makes me very nervous! When I've rented in Europe, I was able to use a credit card so felt quite protected. You read such horror stories about dealing directly with owners, although I'm sure 95% of them are great people.

So my questions are two: 1) a good area for oceanfront at a decent cost and 2) anybody have experience with this "all cash" kind of arrangement?

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfront Condo FtL Area

I don't think you will find anything great at your price point.

Is the condo until you are looking at Ocean Manor? Please check the reviews if it is.

Fort Lauderdale doesn't really have short term condo rentals. The condo associations here have strict rules regarding rentals and frankly I would be very cautious. My bldg. requires prospective renters to be interviewed (In person )and leave a security deposit in case of damage to common areas of the bldg.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfront Condo FtL Area

You can check out vrbo.com but post back here if you find something (before you rent it) and we'll let you know if the building seems to be in good repair and whether or not it's in a good, safe area.

As Pat said, most of the condo associations are very strict regarding rentals as we don't want you to fall into a bad situation.

Norway
Level Contributor
494 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterfront Condo FtL Area

Hello...

Try the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort. It is just great, nice overlooking the ocean! Great rooms, different sizes. All have kitchen and balkony.Easy with local bus to Galleria mall or Publix food store. Only about 2 or 3 years old, so no fungus etc.Walking dist. to restaurants.

Good luck!

Level Contributor
288 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterfront Condo FtL Area

if you hace a car try wyndham royal vista in Pompano beach. great condo on the beach about 15 minutes from ft lauderdale

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterfront Condo FtL Area

We just returned from a week's stay in an oceanfront 2 bdrm 2 bath high rise condo (The Tides) located in Hollywood Beach (next town south of Ft. Lauderdale, about 10-15 minutes from airport) - it cost us $150 per night. The rental transactions were done by check. We found this rental on the www.cyberrentals.com which is part of the www.homeaway.com network.

6. Re: Waterfront Condo FtL Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale