We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stupid Question - Taxis

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Passaic County, NJ
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Stupid Question - Taxis

I am assuming there are taxis outside the Fort lauderdale Airport upon arrival that can take us to the Courtyard by the Marriott Beach? There will be 4 of us. how much around is the cab fair from the airport to our hotel?

Also, which is the best bus # to take from the Courtyard on Seabreeze Blvd to Las Olas where the action is?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stupid Question - Taxis

Taxi should be around $20 , fare shared by all- no extra passenger charges. There is a line of taxis waiting outside each baggage claim area with a starter to keep things moving- should be very quick and painless.

The #11 city bus goes across Las Olas Blvd and you should be able to find a marked bus stop less than a block from you- your hotel is just south of Las Olas- I'm sure the hotel staf can tell you exactly where. Fare is $1.25 pp

On weekends, there is also a little red and yellow Sun Trolley that runs across-I always forget if the fare on that route is $1 or $2. I'm sure there is route information at your hotel as well.

Just a short walk from you there is a Water Taxi stop as well. The Water Taxi runs both north and south along the Intracoastal and east west along the New River parralel to and behind Las Olasd. They charge $13 for an all day on and off pass, so if you have nice weather and want to sightsee by canal that wouldbe another way to get arond.Just remember to plan the timing as it is scenic but slow.

You might also want to be aware that I think most city buses are not operational between about midnight and 5 am( don't remember the exact times, but close). If you plan to stay out late at a club on Las Olas or in Himmarshee Village just west of that- a taxi back to Courtyard will be reasonable - I would guess $10 total shared by all at most.

2. Re: Stupid Question - Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 06:20