We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

boston ma
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

Hello,

Hubby & I are going to be in Ft Lauderdale for the weekend of April 18. We are in our late 20's and love the beach!! It is our first time in Lauderdale, so appreciate your recommendations on the activities, attractions, restaurants, etc there.

Thanks!!

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

Couple of ideas: First, the beach itself is the big draw, and there are plenty of bars and cafes up and down the "strip" to enjoy - you can't really go wrong. Find a piece of sand to call your own and just relax...

For a nice, fun dinner, try Chima - a Brazilian Steakhouse (west of beach on Las Olas) where they walk around with different meats on swords and slice as much as you want! The "salad bar" is also amazing, with all kinds of appetizers and other delicacies. Great wine list, too, and a fun, loud, hip place to go. Call for a reservation.

Don't forget to have a drink (in the afternoon, still in your shorts and t-shirt) at the Parrot Lounge. It's just off the beach area ("the strip") and it's a down home beach bum kind of bar, where you "come as you are" and have a beer with the locals; lots of fun.

Lastly, grab a taxi and ask them to take you to Himarshee (an area near the train tracks) any evening (Wednesday to Saturday are the best) and "bar hop" - there is something for everyone, and the party normally spills into the street with every hanging out and partying.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,109 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

As much as I love the Parrott Lounge it's a bit far from the busy part of the beach. The Elbo Room is a must do IMO. If you let us know where you are staying we can tell you what is in the immediate vicinty.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

We will be staying at the Hilton Beach Resort

boston ma
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

Thanks your help. As we are arriving there on Sat 10 PM, I know pretty late:( and really want to start our vacation the first night we get there, do you have any recommendations for a party/bar/event going on that late that is a must do/go in Ft Lauderdale?

Many thanks!!

boston ma
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

I just said club, but actually we are a couple that prefer romantic places rather than a crowded place, so a romantic bar or lounge is preferred. Thanks again!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,838 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

You might try Casablanca Cafe- it has tables overlooking the Ocean and a piano bar- a nice place for a nitecap!

http://www.casablancacafeonline.com/

It's a bit south of the Hilton

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

sally25 - Here is a place you can look at. It is located right on A1A across form the beach. It offers both indoor & outdoor seating. It isn't too far from the Hilton Beach resort. They will validate your parking in the garage located behind the restaurant. http://www.h2ocafe.net/index.html

boston ma
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

we will actually be staying at gallery one doubltree hotel wkend of April 18th, again a couple in late 20's, any activity/dining/etc suggestsions is appreciated!! thanks!!

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
888 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

Has anyone tried the segway rides at Birch Park? Some time ago John Lloyd State park had water rentals, such as a 3 wheel giant tricycle built for two that goes in the water. You might like Trina's on the ocean for a drink and people watching. The last time I was there (July 2008)I thought the dinner was over-priced and the service redefined rude. Hopefully that was an aberration. From there you can watch the action on the beach. Have fun!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in Ft Lauderdale?

"Has anyone tried the segway rides at Birch Park?" I have. The ride was really expensive but was totally worth it for me personally since I had been dying to see what it was like. If you don't have a really keen interest on experiencing a segway I don't think you'd get your money's worth. The tour guide was friendly and led the tour very well; couldn't have asked for more on that count.