We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something's Happening at Yesterdays....

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Something's Happening at Yesterdays....

This was a restaurant on the Intracoastal at the Oakland Park Bridge that many of us loved -at least till near the end when it got pretty disappointing- it has been closed for years,

Today there was a crew there ripping out carpets and cabinets and a big pile of debis and broken furniture was piled out front.

I'm wondering if it is about to reopen as something else , or about to be leveled- or something entirely different than either of those.

It's a large multi story building that was quite a landmark and always had a beautiful array of lights at Christmas. Also a popular spot for wedding receptions.

My curiosity is killing me- any locals heard anything?

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something's Happening at Yesterdays....

LuLutoo - I hope it is repening and is again as good as it was. We used to enjoy not only the food but being on the intracoastal. The only negative there was the parking if I remember correctly.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something's Happening at Yesterdays....

I hope it is reopening as a restaurant as well. When I was a kid and it was my turn to chose a restaurant for dinner, I would pick Yesterdays because of their delicious bread!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Something's Happening at Yesterdays....

Maybe some entrepreneur is going to re-open it and name it "Tomorrow's"!

OK, just kidding - but I do hope someone is actually fixing it up and will open a restaurant there - it's in such a great location and who can beat the view?

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Something's Happening at Yesterdays....

Just drove by today and they were tearing down the whole place... I guess it will be a while before anything is up and running now :(

5. Re: Something's Happening at Yesterdays....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 17:24