We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best for fam with twin 3 year olds: marriott, largo, pelican

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
massachusetts
Level Contributor
44 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Best for fam with twin 3 year olds: marriott, largo, pelican

HI, we are hoping to take our twin 3year olds to fort lauderdale for three nights in mid june. I like the lago mar, pelican grand, nad marriott harbor. I want on the beach, great pool, and some kids activities or playground, etc. Right now I can get marriott for 139!, lago for 158 and pelican for supercheap on hotwire. BUT we are not renting a car and need to be able to walk to affordable eating (nothing fancy).

What do you think?

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best for fam with twin 3 year olds: marriott, largo, pelican

The only one of the 3 where you would not need a car would be the Marriott, and that is a great price. There is nothing to walk to from the Pelican or Lago Mar.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best for fam with twin 3 year olds: marriott, largo, pelican

I agree totally with Jody- Pelican and Lago Mar are within walking distance of nothing- even for adults, much less toddlers- without a car Marriott is the only possibility, but even that is down a short access road ( 1/6 mile maybe to A1A and most restaurants are across the multi lane beach road. from there)- I trust you'll have a stroller for the little ones..

massachusetts
Level Contributor
44 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best for fam with twin 3 year olds: marriott, largo, pelican

thanks. I wasn't planning on it, but now I would hearing that. How expensive is the food at the resort?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best for fam with twin 3 year olds: marriott, largo, pelican

Well, I'd say pricey- they have an on suite Starbucks and a very expensive ( and very good) gourmet restaurant 3030, obviously not for family dining. As far as I know the "family" dining is at the spot called Riva, open breakfast, lunch and dinner- and all I can find on line to give you an idea of prices is the dinner menu

http://tinyurl.com/cp4ub7

There is also some poolside casual food service, but I don't know what.

Do be aware that there are literally no fast food places along the beach that I can think of, though some places near your hotel ( but still quite a walk) are more reasonable than Riva.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best for fam with twin 3 year olds: marriott, largo, pelican

The meals at Riva and Cascades (the pool bar/restaurant) is not overly pricey. One of the great things at Marriott Harbor Beach for you is their kids' program! Your kids will love it!

And $139 for Harbor Beach? Incredible! What a deal :)

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
871 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best for fam with twin 3 year olds: marriott, largo, pelican

I just got back. A hamburger is $15, if that gives you any idea. Bahia Cabana is a cute little restaurant at the Days Inn, a 3 block walk. We ate breakfast there most mornings for about $10 per person. It's nice because it's on the marina.

7. Re: Best for fam with twin 3 year olds: marriott, largo, pelican

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 05:25
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale