We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Beach Hotel to the Broward Convention Center?

chicagoland
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Closest Beach Hotel to the Broward Convention Center?

We need to go to a tournament at the Convention Center....which family friendley beach front hotel properties are closest??

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest Beach Hotel to the Broward Convention Center?

Right at the beach, probably Marriott Courtyard Beach- which is across A1A from the beach but most hotels here are rather than on it( teh city owns most of teh beach). Best Western Oceanside would be another , but both are still a pretty good distance from the Convention Center- not walkable. The #40 bus would run bewtween CC and those and the Sun Trolley as well, but generally the Sun Trolley is only weekends- unless your Convention is so large that the powers that be will have it running- for big meetings tehy sometimes add on extra days.

I could include Bahia Mar which has a walkway to the beach from across the street but I have some doubts about it's room quality or Harbor Beach Mariott , which is family friendly and right on the sand, but pretty expensive. Lago Mar is also family friendly and on the sand, but would be a bit secluded to be a good location for you I think.

Are you no longer happy with staying at the Hilton?

chicagoland
Level Contributor
400 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest Beach Hotel to the Broward Convention Center?

My friend ended up with a last minute deal in June to Marriot Harbor Beach, I decided to check it out. I perfer to be on the beach....but we will be at the convention center 3 days out of the 4..(my friend is going just to relax with cousins) The Hiltons price is good ($129 a night with $50 credit)and they have a shuttle to the beach. But ratings are very mixed. I guess I should stop checking it all out, we are driving to Sanibel after and we will be on the beacy.I cant help myself...always looking for a better place with a good price...

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest Beach Hotel to the Broward Convention Center?

The closest "beach property" is indeed Marriott Harbor Beach. It's definitely family friendly and they have a great kids program.

The hotel may be a little pricey, but IMO it's so definitely worth it!!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there......ever!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest Beach Hotel to the Broward Convention Center?

What is the $50 credit for at Hilton - food and bev? The China Grill there is a happening place , but prices are high and I wouldn't call it family friendly- it's pretty sophisticated. I have not been to their poolbar/snack bar since it reopened , so I don't know if they still sell burgers etc there or not- $50 may not go very far at typical hotel food prices...I think those are the only choices , though ther may be one smaller food outlet I don't recall- Abby will know...

Still if the majority of your visit in going to require you to be at the Convention Center it certainly is convenient and the pool area is nice..

NorCal
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest Beach Hotel to the Broward Convention Center?

We will be attending a tournament in July also. I booked at the Marriot Harbor Beach. I got a deal thru Priceline - $125.00 per night! I think it is feasible to walk to the Convention Center from MHB, and if not, there is the #40 Bus or the Sun Trolley. MHB is very family friendly and you can't beat the on the sand location.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest Beach Hotel to the Broward Convention Center?

I think you'll want the bus/sun trolley option to the CC from the Marriott- sometimes distances can be decveiving .

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closest Beach Hotel to the Broward Convention Center?

"G", the pool bar at the Hilton Marina does have burgers and sandwiches and items like that. If you get $50 "free", I'd probably use it there as it will cost you $50 for two people to have breakfast at China Grill!

While China Grill is an excellent restaurant, it's very, very pricey so $50 will definitely not go far.

8. Re: Closest Beach Hotel to the Broward Convention Center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2009, 05:35