We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

worried about weather in fort lauderdale!

montreal
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
worried about weather in fort lauderdale!

We will be in ft lauderdale mid june and we're starting to worry about the weather. I know it's been raining alot in the evenings which I suppose is a good thing because last year when we travelled there we were worried about the fires because of the lack of rain,but when I look at the web cam it seems to be cloudy all the time,where is that beautiful sunshine early in the morning ?or am I just logging in at the wrong time?

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: worried about weather in fort lauderdale!

Well hello from an ex montrealer! :)

Lately we have had rain almost daily, thats the summer in florida unfortunately. We've had very little sunshine in the past few weeks and i am losing my tan!! :(

Where in Mtl are you?

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: worried about weather in fort lauderdale!

Audrey is correct. The one thing you can count on usually, is that if it does rain here, its short and mostly in the afternoon. Just be prepared for the humidity that follows a our lil showers.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: worried about weather in fort lauderdale!

Sun is bright and hot today and not a drop or rain yet at 3 pm. According to Chennel 10 , May was the wettest in the history of it being recorded- so we all felt pretty soggy- hopefully the two opposing fronts which parked themselves over Florida and caused it have moved on ( Daytona Beach had major floods) and we are headed back to our more typical sunny day, afternoon brief but heavy thunderstorm pattern.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
montreal
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: worried about weather in fort lauderdale!

Thanks for your responses and Lulutoo i noticed on the web cam that it was a beautiful day i hope it lasts!! keep me posted

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: worried about weather in fort lauderdale!

As a friend of mine says, summer is when we get our "liquid sunshine" - but it typically doesn't last the entire day so you'll still have an opportunity to have fun!

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: worried about weather in fort lauderdale!

I was in Orlando the week Daytona was hit so badly. I'm heading to the Fort Lauderdale area next week. Sure hope I'm not in for that kind of weather again!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
montreal
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: worried about weather in fort lauderdale!

Yahoo! I noticed sun again this morning and no rain last night!!!It's looking good for all of us travelling to ft lauderdale!!!

8. Re: worried about weather in fort lauderdale!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2009, 06:20