We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
21 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

What is the best way to work a flight arrival at FLL to a cruise ship leaving the Port of Miami in December? A transfer purchased by Carnival? A taxi round trip? Help! Best advice appreciated.. wkgal.

Mentioned in this post
Ft. Lauderdale Intl Airport
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Port of Miami
Port of Miami
454 Reviews
Miami, FL
Jungle Queen Riverboat Dinner Cruise...
368 Reviews
from US$54.95*
Free Cancellation
Grand Bahama Round-Trip Ferry Ride...
14 Reviews
from US$115.00*
Jungle Queen Riverboat Cruise
259 Reviews
from US$24.91*
Free Cancellation
Ottawa
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

Taking the Carnival transfer will be convenient and probably will coincide with your plane/ship, but may be slow - the bus has to fill up first. But then, wait on the bus or wait in the cruise terminal.

If cost is not a concern, try taxi/limo. If you have four travelling together, possibly rent a car at FLL and drop off in D/T Maimi - no drop off fees generally in Florida.

If cost is a concern, there are other alternatives using public transit bus/train/LRT but will take time.

Mentioned in this post
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
ELKHART
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

I take a limo for special occasions, if theres 3 or 4 people to share cost, or I need a special treat.This gets a vacation off to a great start. A transfer shuttle is cheapest if cost is a biggie. If your thinking taxi you may as well take a shuttle bus for the price differance .

west palm beach
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

well if what your looking for is CHEAP,then from airport in lauderdale shuttle to trirail then transfer to metrorail then transfer to miami people mover,, get off at bayside, its then a very short cab ride over the causeway,, its not very conviniant,,but cheap, should be around 15$ including cab

hope this helps

Chicago
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

We are also taking a cruise out of Port of Miami in December. We got fabulous air fare from Chicago O'Hare to Ft. Lauderdale and didn't realize that it was going to be so difficult to get a shuttle to Miami or back to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale. We're checking into a limo to take the 4 of us (our kids and us) and to pick us up when we arrive back in port. Now, after reading this, I'm worried about making our flight, which leaves Ft. Lauderdale on Christmas Day at 4 pm. Is that going to give us enough time to disembark the ship and get a cab to FLL? Anybody want to share a limo cost on the 18th of Dec.? Anyone staying at the Pier 66 Hyatt? (They don't even have airport shuttle service which really surprised me!)

Mentioned in this post
Port of Miami
Port of Miami
454 Reviews
Miami, FL
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

I am would like details about renting a car in Ft Lauderdale and returning it in Miami. Can anyone help???

Cathy

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
6. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2005, 14:07
7. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 13:53
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
134 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

Thanks cmj781. I will try that one.

New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

We used John's car service last week from FLL to Miami port and back. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for transportation. He was prompt on time as arranged, the car was nice and best of all we paid dollars as discussed earlier and not a single penny more. He was nice enough to stop for some baby stuff shopping before boarding the ship for a nominal additional charge of $5. He even helped us by storing the baby seat for us for our return trip to the airport. I would use his service next time.

Mentioned in this post
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapest transfer FLL to Port of Miami Cruise

We used SAS Transportation-it was $15.00 pp from FLL to Miami Port (plus we tipped him). On the return trip he held our luggage in his van so we could ride the water taxi and see some sights (we had a late flight home).

I chose this option because I wanted to get right to the port instead of waiting for the shuttle bus to fill up.

Goggle him- SAS Transportation in Ft. Lauderdale. His name is Steve. We will use him again in Jan. when we cruise again.

Mentioned in this post
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL