We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in the dead of Summer?

Chicago
Level Contributor
214 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in the dead of Summer?

I am coming down to Ft Lauderdale in the middle of July. I am sure it will be Hot and Humid. What do you do in July in Fort Lauderdale? Is it too hot to be outside? Go to the beach?

HELP?

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in the dead of Summer?

There's plenty of people at the beach and outside everywhere, but it is indeed very hot and humid... Today alone with the heat index it felt like 105 - 110 degrees.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in the dead of Summer?

The beach is always a great idea. Fishing, shopping, movies, biking, etc. Really it depends on how much you dont mind sweating or being outside.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in the dead of Summer?

Stay in the air-conditioning, read a book, go to the movies, take a nap. Just kidding!!

It is hot but there are many places hotter than FLL. In fact, yesterday was the first time we ever hit 100 degrees! EVER.

According to the news tonight, there are many places in the midwest who are at 111 and above! Holy cow......go figure that! We typically have ocean breezes blowing so although it's hot and humid, it's not totally unbearable! If you're going to go to the pool/beach, just be sure to lather on the sunscreen. And you just never know what the temps will be. We had some rain today and it was in the 80's. Nice....I can live with that!

4. Re: What to do in the dead of Summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 08:18