We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fort lauderdale or pompano beach

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
fort lauderdale or pompano beach

my daughter(25) and i (50+) are planning a trip to florida in august for 5-6 nights. i need help deciding the area and the hotel. We definitely want to be on the beach, have lots of nice restaurants around, but are not big on night life. appreciate whatever help we get.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fort lauderdale or pompano beach

Fort Lauderdale absolutely- Pompano Beach is very restaurant deficient on it's beach area- everyone complains about it.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fort lauderdale or pompano beach

The hotels along Fort Lauderdale beach are gorgeous and many are quite new/newly refurbished. Further the food is a bit more worldly and chic (if you are into that sort of thing). Not to knock Pompano Beach, which is gorgeous, but I would go with Fort Lauderdale just for the array of good food choices and hotels.

3. Re: fort lauderdale or pompano beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2009, 07:19