We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

I will be flying to fort Lauderdale from London, Ontario Canada on Christmas eve with my husband and 2 kids. I am looking for a vacation rental for less than 2000 dollars a week close to the airport and main attractions that has a private pool. I have been looking the Fort Lauderdale area only. Should I be looking at the surrounding areas as well like Pompano beach, Boca Raton etc.?I prefer not having to drive long distances to get from place to place.

I am not sure where to search. Please help me.

Thanks

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

FLL, Pompano, Lauderdale by the Sea, Deerfield Beach, Boca offer comparable accomodations along the ocean. Some areas may be quieter than others. Post back as you reach some possible options.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

Two towns nearer the airport are Hollywood and Dania Beach- you might add those to your list. That is such a busy , popular week that i don't know what you will find rents costing and what choices you will have at this point. But ,then again, I never have to price them, so maybe that is realistic. Are you looking in VRBO.com? .

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

Yes, just checked there are still a few options available on VRBO.com.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

Thank you for your suggestions. They have really helped me. I did find a few rentals on VRBO.COM . There are hardly any rentals in Fort Lauderdale left. I tried a few in Pompano beach. I am waiting for replies. Is this a good place compared to Fort Lauderdale. I would like to be near a quiet beach but would also like to be near the shopping and restuarants.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

My personal opinion is that Pompano Beach is not particularly desirable- has a pretty nice beach but very little in the way of dining or shopping- the beach area is mainly senior citizen condos and a few somewhat older hotels. That may explain why there is availability at this late date. It would not be my first choice I'm sorry to say. If you will not have a car it would be even more challenging. You would definitely have to drive and I'm afraid that except for the beach there would be little to interest the children. Also be aware that only two streets ( Atlantic and 14th St) cross the Intracoastal, so often homes that are west of the Waterway but look close to the beach require you to take a roundabout route to get on the beach and much beach access is blocked by highrise condos that will not let you walk through their property. You have to really be careful with rentals there as the descriptions can be a bit deceptive on that issue. I used to live there and am pretty familiar with the area , if you end up with a few possibilities I can probably tell you a bit about their specific location. One lady was all ready to rent a place across the street from the beach ( allegedly ) and I was able to show her on a map that it would actually be a five block walk ( her Mom was mobility limited).,

Sorry if I sound negative , but a little honesty might prevent a bad choice.

So many reviews of hotels in Pompano say something like " we didn't find many restaurants or much shopping near us" and having lived there I can verify that.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

I am still waiting to hear from Pompano beach. Are there any vacations rentals in Fort Lauderdale you could recommend that is suitable for a family with young children?

Thanks

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

Try www.vacationrentals.com &www. vacationrentals411.com.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

Thanks once again for all your suggestions. I did find a rental single family home on Homeaway.com.

Has anyone used this website. I have never rented a home for a week before. How reliable is it? The website asks for rental gaurantee which is like insurance.

In case this does not work out would you know of any vacation rental companies that are reliable?

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

Homeaway.com is perfectly legit, glad you found something.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacation rentals in fort lauderdale

Hello again,

I have been desperately trying to find a vacation rental for December 24th- Jan 01st. My first choice was a house with a pool in the fort lauderdale area. Of course nothing is available. I have tried homeaway.com and VRBO rentals and very few owners have contacted me with no vacancies.

I dont mind staying in a Condo or at a suite hotel.

Please let me know what your recommendations are.

Thanks Lulutoo