We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new years

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
new years

Staying at Gallery One...where should we go for New Years...fun, party, good food, great drinks...thinking of eating in Las Olas and stumbling to the Blue Martini? Any suggestions?

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new years

I think your best bet would be mingling around Las Olas/Blue Martini, depending on the crowds you are looking for. Beach Place really does not have much going on. The beach area itself will be pretty packed, especially Elbo Room. You might want to check and see what, if anything, Blue Martini has going on because you might need a reservation to walk in (pretty much that goes for anywhere in Lauderdale for New Years).

If you want a really casual, younger atmosphere you can go to downtown Lauderdale around Himmarshee. The streets will be closed and it will be packed I am sure. Whatever you do, try to drive as little as possible for several reasons, A) its amatuer night, everyone will be drinking and driving, B) cops are aware of this and pull over with the quickness and C) taxis are cheap enough and will be all over the place like ants at a picnic.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new years

The Himmarshee area is typically closed off to vehicular traffic so the revelers have access to a giant street party. As Venis3 said, it will most likely be a younger crowd as that's where America's Backyard, Revolution, and some other clubs are. I'm not of that persuasion, so I'd do the Las Olas Blvd. dining and then hop on a water taxi to Gallery One and go to Blue Martini to see in the New Year.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new years

Blue Martini has a party going on for New Years Eve and its only 40$ a person with an open bar (from a certain hour).

www.bluemartinilounge.com/events/bm_nye.html

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new years

Thank you, do you know if we can walk in after dinner or do we need reservations?

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new years

Because New Year's Eve is typically busy, busy, busy, I'd make a reservation to be safe. Better to have one and get in than not make one....

New York City
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: new years

I'm staying at the W for new years and I just wanted to get a gauge for the nightlife on NYE.

Is the Blue Martini and Elbo Room mentioned above walking distance?

If I wanted to do Himmarshee, is that a long cab ride?

I'm from new york and a good club, you usually need to prepay for tickets, is it like that in Lauderdale?

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new years

If you're at the W then you're best bet is to buy tickets to Whiskey Blue / Living Room @ the W (one ticket permits access to both areas). Its $100 and you get a 20% discount if you're staying there.

You could walk to the Elbo Room if you wanted (about 7-8 blocks). A cab is your best bet for Blue Martini as its pretty far. Himmarshee area (downtown Fort Lauderdale) is also a cab ride away (no tickets needed here, they just take your cash at the door).

Edited: 30 December 2009, 19:28
Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new years

I agree with SoBe4u about the W's bars/lounges, very well worth it. Both places I am sure will be packed. Its perhaps one of the more upscale atmospheres in Fort Lauderdale (ala Blue Martini).

Def do a cab ride coming back from the Elbo Room. Its not that its that far but there will be plenty of cabs around and at the end of the night just easier. Oh and its a very casual, local crowd there. Lots of fun.

Himmarshee is about a 10 minute cab ride from the W. Several bars/clubs there. It will be packed for sure. Def a younger crowd as well.

Blue Martini I believe is a charge of soemthing like $20 bucks to get in that night. No doubt it will be packed too.

9. Re: new years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2010, 05:16