We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going back home from Miami Airport

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Going back home from Miami Airport

Happy New Year!

We are sailing with Royal carribean from Fort-Lauderdale on January 23-January 31, 2010. They say arrival time is 7am. I am in process of ordering flight back to Toronto and found a reasonable price for flight from Miami at 10:30am. Am I taking a big chance to get late?

Do you know if the ships usually arrive on time?

Please advise!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going back home from Miami Airport

They usually say get to the airport about 3 hours ahead of time, especially now with all the new security procedures. MIA is about 30-45 minutes from Fort Lauderdale... it could work if everything goes as planned, but you're always taking a chance of being late.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,581 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going back home from Miami Airport

Just because the ship arrives at 7 am doesn't mean you can disembark, find your luggage and get through the immigation procedures quite that soon. Especially considering the enhanced security, I think that time is too early to even consider it. The cruise lines generally tell passengers flying out of Ft. Lauderdale even that 11 am is the earliest they should consider booking a flight for to be safe- adding a 40 min drive to Miami would make an earlier departure time than that really risky in my opinion.

london
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going back home from Miami Airport

This is definately not enough time. Although the ship docks at 7 (they are usually on time), it could be an hour later that you actually get off, then you have to get your luggage, then wait for transport (queues for taxis are usually long). Journey to Miami can be awful - 40 minutes if road is OK but in my experience, allow at least an hour.

4. Re: Going back home from Miami Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2010, 05:20