We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sawgrass mills

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
sawgrass mills

does anyone know of a bus or shuttle service that operates to/from Sawgrass Mills from Fort Lauderdale?

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sawgrass mills

without knowing exactly where you are i would say routes 72 or36

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sawgrass mills

Venis is correct that those city buses run directly across town to Sawgrass - Line 36 from Sunrise Blvd and line 72 from Oakland Park Blvd. Both of those streets are on the north end of the beach. Getting to Sawgrass from further south is more complicated , involving taking a bus to the Downtown bus terminal and changing to another bus there. Or, the #11 bus does run up teh beach where you couls get off at Sunrise and A!a and walk to a bus stop for #36.

Routes 36 or 72 both take about an hour I think and the convoluted routes from the south take longer involving the transfer. We locals have searched in vain for other private shuttles. Some concierges have private car services in their files they can book ,but they are likely to be very expensive, as will a taxi. Some European visitors will spring for a taxi feeling the savings there are worth the expense and wishing to avoid the bus ride.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sawgrass mills

thamestraveller... just to backup lulutoo, the approximate times of travel noted are about right, too.

london
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sawgrass mills

Fantastic - thanks to you both. Will probably opt for the Hilton Beach which I think is north side so the bus should be fine.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sawgrass mills

That's reasonably close to Sunrise Blvd. I've seen a bus stop for the #36 just west of the Intracoastal Bridge on Sunrise across from Galleria Mall - but I think there is one east of the Bridge as well- I will see if I can figure that out- if it's not raining tomorrow I may be going that way to run some errands. This is the first time in the 30+ yrs I have lived here I have heard the meteorologist say a day is going to be "raw"- a nasty combination of cold and rainy that is not at all typical of our weather- so if that is the case I won't be out and about- but if I can find your exact stop ( I think in front of the entrance to Birch Park) I'll let you know. It's beautiful at the moment - mid 70's and sunny-everyone is out and about in shorts.

If you have lots of packages coming back I think you can transfer to the #40 south on your return- ask the driver if that will work. It should take you close to the Hilton I think- and he would give youa transfer ticket I think ( I've never done a bus transfer , as I , like many here am a car-o-phile)

Ireland
Level Contributor
564 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sawgrass mills

just out of interest how much would a taxi be from 17th Street FLL

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sawgrass mills

I can only guess as I've never done it , but I'd say about $40 each way- it's about 15 miles and though the formula for taxi fares is a little more complicated , $2.50 x miles usually comes close when estimating fares..

Some people choose to bus out and taxi back when they have many packages to contend with.

There is no charge for additional taxi passengers , so finding others in your hotel interested in sharing might work- don't know how likely that is to happen , but you mighty see if anyone else has inquired at the desk about transportation. Some concierges have car services to recommend , but they often are higher priced than a taxi as part of the cost often involves a "reward" to the concierge for referring you But it wouldn't hurt to ask about that as well in case someone is already hiring one and you can split it..

8. Re: sawgrass mills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2010, 05:18