We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel to stay at, which area...

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
366 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel to stay at, which area...

Hi, I will be visiting Fort Lauderdale with my husband in March / April. We want a hotel that is around 150-200 / 250 USD a night per room, taxes included. We were wondering if you have any recommendations, considering that we want to be in an area which has restaurants and shopping nearby. We will have a rental car and do not mind not being on the beach.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,970 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel to stay at, which area...

Are you saying that you want to be able to walk to restaurants and shops?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel to stay at, which area...

Not necessary to be walking distance from shops and restaurants if it is not possible in Fort Lauderdale. I was there in 99 and really don't remember that much, 11 years later. Besides, at that time I was staying in Miami, near South Beach, and just went to FL once, to the beach and a restaurant, and, of course, to Sawgrass Mills :)

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel to stay at, which area...

You could try the Hilton Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach, Gallery One

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,970 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel to stay at, which area...

I was going to say the Doubletree Gallery One but with the cost of parking it may go over budget. Parking costs would apply to all of the big hotels on the beach and some are quite hefty - think $20 minimum (the Doubletree is slightly less as is the Best Western Oceanside at the southern end of the beach). Does it have to be a hotel or would you consider a Mom and Pop? They don't charge for parking. Another one you could look at is Pillars, a small luxury hotel - no charge for parking.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel to stay at, which area...

To avoid parking fees at the Gallery One you can always park across the street at the Galleria Mall

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel to stay at, which area...

I've been looking at the Gallery One prices in March since we will most likely stay there. They are having a "January" sale going on now, which is weekend only(Friday,Sat.,Sun), for $140(Sundays)-$177/nt(Fri, and Sat) which includes a full breakfast for 2.The other days of the week are higher, but can be found for under $200. Parking is $18/day. I have been wondering if it is OK to park at the Galleria. I know some entrances have a chain that is put across after the stores close, but I have read you can park on the 1st level overnight.Does anyone know for sure if you can park on the 1st level?

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel to stay at, which area...

Most of it is chained off when the mall closes until they open, but there are a few places that they leave open outside of the parking garages.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel to stay at, which area...

Thanks for your good advice. I checked the Pillars but it is way over budget for me. But thanks anyway, very nice place.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel to stay at, which area...

Suewick, your advice has been very useful ! Thanks. Now I am between the Double Tree Gallery or the Hilton Beach Resort. Which one is better located? Which one would you choose and why, if I may ask. Thanks in advance !

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotel to stay at, which area...

I have stayed at both, and to me the Hilton Beach is better located. I just like having the beach right across the street, and the pool area is MUCH nicer.I like the Gallery One though. Right now they are running a great Visa special at the Hilton beach(through March). The studio rooms are $179, and the 1 BR suites are $224.Then add on $29 for parking though. Parking at Gallery One is $18.Nice restaurants are close to each of them.