We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverside Hotel - which rooms are best?

New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Riverside Hotel - which rooms are best?

About to book at Riverside for a friend's wedding, but I don't know the area or the hotel. Any recommendations for the best view - which side of the hotel? Also, executive tower vs. classic or traditional? What's the difference? Price is only about $20 different.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverside Hotel - which rooms are best?

The classic rooms are in the "original" hotel. They're a bit smaller, but I like them and their "character"! The tower is newer and the rooms are bigger.

I think it depends on what you're looking for as far as the view is concerned. I like to look over Las Olas Blvd. but some people prefer to see the New River. Personally, I don't think there's a bad view in the hotel. What's awesome is that you're right on Las Olas Blvd. so you have many options for dining and shopping. Love this hotel!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,438 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverside Hotel - which rooms are best?

I think most of the diaappointed reviews I see for Riverside are from people who booked the classic or traditional rooms which are in the old section and are fairly small- and I think small , older bathrooms too - not sure if the old bathrooms is true of all classic and traditional rooms,- they may have updated some but all those rooms are only about 300 sq ft- so unless you like a small "bed and breakfast " style room without a lot of space ( bed and just a little more furniture, not lots of walking around room) I'd pay more and get something in the newer Executive Tower. My preference would be for a River View, so you can watch boats going by on the New River - I'd personally rather see that than the traffic on Las Olas , though it's pretty street. I like the Riverside very much , but I think some people were looking at room photos of the Executive Tower when they booked a classic room not realizing how different they are- and they have felt cheated- so it's important to know what to expect .. Folks who bid on Priceline or Hotwire generally get the older , smaller section in most cases.

New York
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverside Hotel - which rooms are best?

Thank you both for your help!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riverside Hotel - which rooms are best?

Stayed in The Riverside Hotel over Christmas (See Review).We stayed in

the new part of the hotel with Riverside view.Our room was first class with a

beautiful view.Try the Indigo Restaurant.

5. Re: Riverside Hotel - which rooms are best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2010, 05:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question