We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information about things/cost etc

Regina
Level Contributor
243 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Information about things/cost etc

I was wondering what the cost of the taxi would be from the Port Everglades to the W hotel....can you take the water taxi?

I will be staying there for two days after my cruise aboard the Oasis of the sea. Any information about what to do for a couple in our 40's would be greatly appreciated as well. Bars on the beach etc would be nice. Good food choices as well.

Thanks in advance

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,304 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information about things/cost etc

Land taxi should be less than $20- I'm guessing maybe about $15- but just guessing-. Water Taxi is really not feasible as luggage will not be accomodated aboard it and getting from and to the stops with your luggage would be problematical too- just take a taxi. Water taxi is really about sightseeing and transportation to/from tourist attractions - not really a serious transport option here for cruise purposes. The one Water Taxi stop near the Port is outside the gates and would require a land taxi just to reach it. It's one of the largest Ports in the world and your ship will likely be berhed deep inside it..

Regina
Level Contributor
243 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information about things/cost etc

Thanks for the reply......what about restaurants maybe with a happy hour near the W hotel.....any suggestions?

Is there a water taxi stop near the W hotel?

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information about things/cost etc

I would say Beach Place or Seville Street will be the closest stops on the water taxi.

Since you are on the water taxi you can get a day pass and really cruise around all day, unlimited times. If you chose this route (excuse the pun) you really have a lot more choices with regards to happy hours/dinning/etc. This is because you can jump from the beach area, to the intracoastal or even Las Olas. Tons of choices with a unlimited day pass.

Regina
Level Contributor
243 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information about things/cost etc

Cool,

Thanks again

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,304 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Information about things/cost etc

The crew on Water Taxi knows all the Happy Hours and often has discount coupons to share for various spots on their route - Bahia Cabana, Shooters,Lulu's Bait Shack , Downtowner , Briney Pub are a few that come to mind. Anyone here been to the new Pirates Republic where Shirttail Charlie's was..? that is also a Water Taxi stop, but I have heard varying reviews...

Regina
Level Contributor
243 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Information about things/cost etc

Thanks...very helpful information.

7. Re: Information about things/cost etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale