We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with Airport Shuttle Service

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with Airport Shuttle Service

I will be arriving in Ft Lauderdale the end of May and I need a room just one night. I saw several hotels that have complimentary shuttle service. Some of the reviews were really bade.

Any recommendations for a hotel with complimentary shuttle service (not too far from Ft Lauderdale airport) will be appreciated. Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,480 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with Airport Shuttle Service

If you are coming in late enough at night that you don't need an evening meal- or may be content with a delivered pizza,-you may be ok at Holiday Inn Express Airport Seaport ( or is it Cruiseport- something like that) or Hampton Inn . and probably Candlewood Suites. They are clean ,but not near any restauirants you can walk to , except one German place - also not near any last minute shopping for cruise items.

Another ok one is Sleep Inn in Dania Beach - clean and near a Publix Grocery and Walgreens Drugs , but also few dining choices.- but there are a few. I had a friend who stayed there recently and was ok with it.

All have a shuttle from FLL to the Port and serve a continental breakfast. I think

Days Inn Hollywood is also ok if you don't need meal at night- it is not near any restaurants. The other other Days Inns hereeare truly horrible.

Avoid the others on SW 24 St- Motel 6, Red Carpet Inn, Best Western Ramada, and Rodeway Inn- I would not send friends (or my worst enemy) to any of them..

A few new places have opened including Fairfiled Inn, and Hyatt Place in Dania Beach as well as Best Western Dania Beach - again they are shopping and dining limited , but will be clean.

There may be a few others , but that is a good start. There are a few on Stirling Rd ( Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn etc ) that claim to have refurbished, but I am not confident in suggesting them.

Ohio
Level Contributor
515 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with Airport Shuttle Service

Either of the Hyatt Places

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with Airport Shuttle Service

I'd definitely look into the Hyatt Place and Summerfield Suites at Stirling Road and I-95. I have a friend who visited both properties and said they are absolutely beautiful.

There's also a Homewood Suites and Fairfield Inn at I-95/Griffin Road and I heard that they are nice properties as well.

As long as you're not looking to be "in the thick of things", these are great places to be. Hyatt Place and Summerfield Suites are within walking distance to some restaurants, so if you're into walking, I'd definitely check them out!

4. Re: Hotel with Airport Shuttle Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 05:17