We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest transfer from MIA to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest transfer from MIA to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal

Cheapest transfer from MIA to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal? Thanks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest transfer from MIA to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal

Well, technically, you can take a short shuttle bus ride from MIA to a nearby Tri Rail station and take the Tri Rail light rail north , getting out at the station just south of the FLL Airport and getting a taxi at that point into the Port. - If there are two of you the Tri Rail fare and a split taxi the rest of the way should run about $12 or so each. However, it is very inconvenient in my opinion , and Tri Rail is primarily a commuter rail , so it runs very infrequently on weekend days. I think about one train every 2 hrs and they are often off schedule. I personally would get Super Shuttle a blue and gold shared ride van from MIA to take you. right to the Port without all that effort.. It also charges per person, but I don't know the most recent cost- I want to say about $25 pp, but I'm not sure. If you post on the Miami Forum , MattFL knows the details and should answer.

I just don't think the little bit you'll save on Tri Rail is worth the hassles after a long day of travel and most especially if there s any possibility you could be running late.

If there are more than 2 of you in your party, a shared taxi from MIA to Port Everglades would be actually be a good idea- I think it's about $80 and the fare is shared by up to four passengers with no extra person charges.

Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest transfer from MIA to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal

hi lulutoo can you advise me if the super shuttle that you mention operates to hotels in fort lauderdale from miami airport too or would you suggest getting one to the port and then a taxi to the relevant hotel being a cheaper option than a taxi from miami airport as there are 2 of us thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest transfer from MIA to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal

Yes indeed it does- I answered your other post to that effect. For two, I'd do Super Shuttle. It would be cheaper than a taxi split between you.

Do ask their advice in advance about a return trip if you need one- I'm unclear if they are allowed to do pick ups in our County- I know they are not allowed in our FLL Airport to pick up because there is another company with the exclusive contract there. I'm not sure itf that applies to hotel pick ups too- these rules are regulated by each county and Miami is a differnt county than ours.

4. Re: Cheapest transfer from MIA to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 05:16