We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good news for tourists

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Good news for tourists

They are opening up a Publix (good local grocery store) right in front of Galleria Mall. I think its about time they get a grocery store next to the beach. I think this is a great thing for tourists! (i know Sue and Chris will find this very convenient!)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good news for tourists

WOW- great news!! I knew they had been building something across the street from Galleria ,, but I thought maybe the Starbucks there was building a drive through spot... that is good news indeed! Now if we could just get them to build one somewhere mid beach for the tourists who stay there..

Now, DE Abby mentioned something about a Cracker Barrel in Hollywood sometime ago, but I haven't heard more- Sonic and Publix are covered - now we need a Cracker Barrel , a Walmart and a Kohls out our way!! Then we ( and the tourists) will be content- well, at least for a while!

Florida
Level Contributor
318 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good news for tourists

I don't know how many people already knew, but there is sign in one of the empty storefronts in the Southport Shopping Center on SE 17th Street saying that Panera Bread is coming there soon. Not exactly fine dining, but a welcome addition to this side of town nonetheless.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good news for tourists

I hadn't seen that one either- Panera is also opening one in south Pompano Beach in the now empty spot that once housed Buca de Beppo- I sure am hoping we'll see more great stuff opening around town..

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
106 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good news for tourists

Do You have any idea when publix will be opened? Or is it open already?

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good news for tourists

I dont think it will be opened any time soon, i'd like to say for the end of the year but there is no news about an opening date.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
106 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good news for tourists

Ok thank You. I will arrive Gallery One as soon as next Tuesday and was just wondering what is the closest shop to buy juice, yoghurt, bread etc for breakfast. I guess 7eleven is closest shop to Gallery One, isnt it?

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good news for tourists

Yes it is the closest, there is also a CVS across the street with some goods like breads, juices, cereals, etc.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good news for tourists

CVS has a magrinally better selection that the 7 eleven just over the bridge. There are 3 convenience shops close to the beach, if you walk across the bridge and take a right after you have passed Franco and Vinnys, keep walking until you can go no further and there is a large convenience store (close the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort - high rise building) there are two more on that street also, heading towards the beach. We found the one close to Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort to have the better selection of the 3, beer there was cheaper than Publix (if that's any help).

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good news for tourists

When you say across from the Galleria, do you mean the empty area between Gallery One and the Galleria Mall? That would be great we will be back in February.

Ohio
Level Contributor
513 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good news for tourists

No just west of the CVS in same plaza