We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good choice or not?

bury,lancashire
Level Contributor
300 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Good choice or not?

Hi all, my wife, five year old son and I will staying in ft lauderdale for a night pre cruise, I would like to know if the 'Hilton ft lauderdale beach' would be a good choice?

thanks' in advance...

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,030 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good choice or not?

Good choice I would think. Nice full service hotel across the street from the beach.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good choice or not?

nice hotel. nothing spectacular, but close to the beach, clean and near some restaurants. plus, most importantly, not far from Port Everglades (assuming your cruise leaves out of Fort Lauderdale and not Miami).

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good choice or not?

Venis-are you mixing up the Hilton beach with hilton marina? The Hilton beach is an excellent choice, right across the street from the beach, really nice pool area, walking distance to quite a few restaurants, and great rooms and suites, most with balconies and an ocean view.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good choice or not?

No, I am aware that the Hilton Marina is on the west side of the Intracoastal and the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach is right on the beach, but towards the southernmost end. It is near some restaurants but def not right in the "heart" of the beach (Las Olas area). The Hilton Beach is, imo, def nicer than the Marina.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good choice or not?

Venis did you make your trip to Vegas yet?

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good choice or not?

I did, I did. First time staying at the Palazzo, Audreybella. Loved it! Do you plan on heading out there soon? If so, I did write a little review about it, or feel free to ask!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,836 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good choice or not?

I think the Hilton Beach is a great choice as the rooms are suites.....that said, be aware that some are studios so be sure you ask for a one-bedroom so you have some room seeing that there will be three of you! Have a great time!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good choice or not?

I stayed at the Luxor in March, first time in Vegas and officially a vegasholic! I cannot wait to go back. I'll look up your report. I think about that city almost daily!

9. Re: Good choice or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2010, 05:17