We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner after the theater

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
100 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner after the theater

Going to see Mary Poppins at the Broward Center on Weds., June 23. Staying at the Hampton Ft. Lauderdale-City Center. Any recommendations for dinner afterward in the area? We're seafood lovers.

Ft. Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
386 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner after the theater

My favorite would be Himmarshee Grill on S.W. 2nd Street but Tarpon Bend is more casual and less expensive.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner after the theater

conciergeforyou, took the words right out of my mouth. Those really are you only two choices within walking distance. Otherwise I would recomment going down Las Olas Boulevard (a 5-10 minute drive just up the street, basically). Many more restaurants to chose from, plus bars, shops, music, etc.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner after the theater

Not much of a great choice of restaurants around there, definitely go to Las Olas for a wider/better variety.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner after the theater

Thanks for all the advice. We'll have a car so walking distance isn't a concern. Do you think we picked a good location to stay the night? Looking for a Hilton property and the Hampton seemed like a good choice. Open to alternatives, though.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner after the theater

That Hampton Inn is a nice property - clean, etc., but not in the best of neighborhoods after dark (daylight is perfectly fine). There's not much to do around there as it's mostly business oriented.

Have you looked at Embassy Suites or the Hilton Marina or Hilton Beach? Those are the properties I would choose if I had options. There's more to do in the areas and places to walk to at night.

I would venture to Las Olas after the theatre as well (I can't wait to see Mary Poppins - I'm going too). There are many great restaurant choices but it all depends on the price point. Tarpon Bend is a real dress-down kind of place - the food is good and not expensive. Himmarshee Grill is lovely and although it too is more casual, the food is wonderful.

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner after the theater

Great info. I made a reservation at the Hilton Marina. They have a better rate for a FL resident (and others in my party are from FL) than the Hampton offers, although they charge for parking. Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner after the theater

I think you'll be happier there. Although the Marina is further from the Theatre, the hotel is in a better location and within walking distance to a variety of restaurants. It's also on the Intracoastal and has a water taxi stop right at the property. You MUST take the water taxi - if for nothing else but to see the beautiful homes along the Intracoastal! $15 for an all-day pass with unlimited on-off privileges. The Water Taxi will get you to Las Olas, the Performing Arts Center (where Mary Poppins will be), the Galleria Mall, and a variety of restaurants. Have fun!!

8. Re: Dinner after the theater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale