We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigars

Whitwell, Tennessee
Level Contributor
56 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Cigars

Anyone know where the best place might be to purchase some good cigars?

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigars

I don't know which place is "best" but if you let us know where you are staying perhaps we can let you know what cigar stores are close by.

Whitwell, Tennessee
Level Contributor
56 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigars

We are staying at the Hilton Beach Resort but we will have our car so transportation will not be an issue as we will be out and about anyway checking things out!

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale...
5,675 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigars

We confine our cigar buying to Las Vegas, Key West and the rare Cuban we can sneak in from Canada- so I can't help much except to tell you there is one on Las Olas called Macabei I think and another whose name escapes me that is on Oakland Park Blvd, just west of A1A in the strip of shops on the north side of Oakland before the Bridge. I can enthusiastically recommend the pizza take out ( Pizza Rustica) and the Italian bakery/gelateria ( Pan e Dollci) nearby that location if you spot those while you are looking for it. Both those locations are pretty convenient for tourists.

If you are going to Key West , there is a guy who hand rolls and sells them from a little stand at Schooner Wharf Bar. John likes to treat his golf buddies to those.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Las Olas Beach
Las Olas Beach
1,546 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Pizza Rustica
Pizza Rustica
1,587 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Schooner Wharf Bar
Schooner Wharf Bar
2,257 Reviews
Key West, FL
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,305 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigars

There is a shop on Sunrise Lane, whether or not the cigars are good I've no idea. To get to it you would drive north down the A1a and take a left after Bonnet House (Primanti Brothers is on the corner you need to turn then), then take the first right, the shop I am refering to is on that block. Parking is metered.

Mentioned in this post
Sunrise
Sunrise
Broward County, FL
Primanti Brothers Restaurant
Primanti Brothers...
1,193 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigars

I hope you have a chance to visit one of my favorite places close to Fort Lauderdale. Lauderdale by the Sea is just north of Fort Lauderdale. There is a cigar store that advertises that they hand roll cigars on Commercial Blvd. just west of A1A on the north side of the road.

Maybe someone else can confirm, but does Total Wine in the Harbor Shoppes have a cigar section with a humidor area? I may be mixing up my great wine stores.

Enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Lauderdale by the Sea
Lauderdale by the Sea
Broward County, FL
Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigars

Yes, Total Wine in the Harbor Shoppes does carry cigars. Also, the Crown Liquors on Cordova has a small selection.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigars

Personally, I am a big fan of Macabi (on Las Olas and the other store in Plantation). I often shy away from big distributors like Total Wine because you never know what the turnover is like or how kept the humidors are.

I know its a little far, but the Cigar Bar in Weston is also great. If you are an avid smoker (and come down here often) they have a great "members only" club with personal lockers, food service, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Las Olas Beach
Las Olas Beach
1,546 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Weston
Weston
Broward County, FL
Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigars

Macabi's on Las Olas would be your best bet. You would have to take a cab or the trolley to get there. There used to be another place on US1/Broward but I can't remember the name of it and am trying to google it but nothing comes up. I heard that, that Rothstein fellow would hang out there so they probably closed their shop and went down with him!

Mentioned in this post
Las Olas Beach
Las Olas Beach
1,546 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigars

Audredybella, I wonder if you are referring to Bova Prime. I recall it had a private room with personal lockers that I think stored not only liquor/wine but also a humidor for personal cigars. Dont recall any other cigar bars on Broward, except for hookah places.

Mentioned in this post
Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigars

I found it!

http://www.ultimatecigars.com/