We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-cruise hotel recommendations

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
113 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-cruise hotel recommendations

We will be cruising from Ft. Laud. Jan 3, 2011. We are looking for a hotel to stay for 2 nights prior to the cruise. We would like an on-site restaurant for dinner, a pool, CLEAN room and bath, and free airport/cruise port shuttle service. We would like to keep the cost no higher than 200 per night. Any recommendations?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-cruise hotel recommendations

You are going at one of the busiest cruise/vacation weeks we have and many hotels are already sold out or running much higher than your budget .. it is not a problem to find you a clean hotel with a pool and a shuttle- the problem is that most oif those in your budget for that week are in outlying areas that have no restaurants around them, so you would be captive to a hotel dining room , which can be mediocre and pricey or even delivery pizza as some have no dining room at all. Sheraton Airport/Cruiseport would be one example- you would have to taxi to go to any other restaurant but their own expensive one for dinner or breakfast- but their rates are $187- they have everything else you want and are clean . Likewise Hyatt Place South- I believe they have small deli /coffee shop on site and that is it..

The only one I can find that would be within walking of many dining choices and have a pool( an adequate but not a great pool) and that I think offers a shuttle ( you would need to double check as they sometimes curtail free shuttles at some hotels , but in any event a taxi to the Port would only be about $10) is Hyatt Place Airport North.

Be very careful , as many I see in looking at Travelocity for your dates/price are really bad choices for cleanliness and look better in their photos than they are in person. Many places that offer free shuttles here do so to fill their rooms because they are poorly located in low income areas and have no safe or quality dining choices nearby .I could not find a listing for Best Western Oceanside for those dates ( they may be sold out) but they have everythig except the shuttles- taxi fare would be about $15 from FLL and probably $10 into the port. If you can find a decent rate there I'd grab it as they are near good dining and right on the beach but , for example the somewhat more upscale Sheraton next door to it is charging $324/night for at least one of your dates.

The cruise lines usually have places heavily booked here already for the pre/post cruise packages they offer, so you need to act quickly as your options will continue to lessen- it's just too busy a time for any genuine bargains with all the large cruise ships that leave from here that week and all the families on holiday vacations.

You might also check Embassy Suites- they have no shuttle either , but do have a pool, are near dining and again close enough to the Port for minimal taxi fare ( $10) . I don't think they do airport shuttle ( taxi would be $15) , but I am not certain. In any event, prepare for major sticker shock pretty much everywhere,.

Saint Peters
Level Contributor
496 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-cruise hotel recommendations

Hotwire.com has a 3 and half star hotel in the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Airport area offering the following amenities: Airport shuttle, restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, internet access and tennis nearby for $149/night. That might be your best bet. I went to web site www.betterbidding.com. This web site gives you an idea of hotels offered on hotwire and priceline. This hotel looks like it is the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport. Hope this helps.

chicago
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-cruise hotel recommendations

I would recommend the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. Large suite rooms that are clean, with a great pool and jacuzzi. We have always paid under $200, and we always cruise over Thanksgiving week. Good Luck

Level Contributor
113 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-cruise hotel recommendations

I appreciate the feedback...thanks.

Edited: 28 July 2010, 18:40
5. Re: Pre-cruise hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2011, 05:17