We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

Please can anyone tell me which would be the best for bargains, we will be in both places at end of sept. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks Ian

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

Ive never been to the outlets in Orlando but I love love love love Sawgrass. Last time I was there with a tourist(friend from the north) she was there for 7 hours and still needed more time

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

Premium is a good outlet mall.

Sawgrass is an Outlet City. It has it own hotels, restaurants, and other leisure attractions. It could be a destination itself if you are into that sort of thing.

Quito, Ecuador
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

Hi:

Sawgrass has hotels inside? what are their names?

email me to cmaderoy33@yahoo.com.ar

Thank you

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

No they are outside next door. Like across the parking lot/street. But that is why they are there.

http://www.sawgrasshotel.com/

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

I haven't been to the outlets in Orlando either. I've been to Orlando many times but didn't shop except for Disney things.

Sawgrass Mills is a huge mall. I've been several times and have not been to all areas. I'm not a big shopping fan on vacation but I have found many good bargains at Sawgrass in the Colonnade section.

…retailguide.com/data/m105596.htm

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

Having been to both perhaps I can shed a little light. Really they are both about the same. However, Sawgrass is larger, or at least has more of a selection of stores. Additionally, because it is a regional mall, the Sawgrass has stores/attractions that would attract locals as well (i.e. movie theatre, huge electronics store (Brandsmart USA), major chain restaurants, etc.)

Bargain-wise, I feel they are about the same. Orlando might have slightly better bargains becaue it deals with more bulk/out-of-season/leftovers. That is not to say that Sawgrass isnt a good deal.

PS There are a couple of hotels within the surrounding areas.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

We spent 4.5 hours at Sawgrass a couple of days ago. Could have stayed longer but we had to leave for the airport. It is massive!!! 2 food courts, and many nice restaurants including both Cheesecake Factory and Grand Luxe Cafe plus too many stores to count! They have plenty of upscale stores too. Many stores located in the indoor section of the mall, and then many fabulous stores located in the outdoor mall.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
426 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

There aren't any real outlet type stores left in Sawgrass, maybe Nieman Marcus Last Call. It's basically a massive regular retail mall. No bargains in overpriced Bed Bath and Beyond, and Sports Authority has regular retail prices. I think the outlet concept sort of faded away.

Wyandotte, Michigan
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

Are there any stores you can get bathing suits at???

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sawgrass mills v Premium outlet Orlando

Many stores at Sawgrass should have bathing suits.