We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton or Gallery One

Blackheath, London
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hilton or Gallery One

Hi we are going to FL for the first time in October, I haven't quite managed to get my head round the geography yet of the city yet, we are flying into FL airport and out of Miami, We won't have a car so we are looking for a nice hotel near the beach and within walking distance of amenities restaurants etc. I think I have narrowed down to the Hilton or Gallery One but can't seem to decide between them any advice please.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton or Gallery One

DKGK

Are you talking about the Hilton Marina or Hilton on the Beach?

Blackheath, London
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton or Gallery One

Hi we are talking about Hilton on the beach, and I should say we are a couple in their 40s, with no kids.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton or Gallery One

Although I like both places(and have stayed at both recently), I would definitely chose Hilton on the Beach.Besides from it's obvious advantage of being across the street from the beach, the pool area is MUCH nicer as well, and overlooks the ocean. Gallery One's pool is small with no ambiance really, and is shaded much of the afternoon.It is a short walk to the ocean.

Rooms and all public areas are much nicer at Hilton. The rooms all have balconies with views of the ocean. If you can, try to get a Jr. or 1 BR suite.The 1 BR suite we had, had a full kitchen.

Also found the service to be excellent in every way at Hilton.

The water taxi is just a short walk from Hilton. At the Gallery One, it comes right there. Both places have good restaurants within walking distance.

Blackheath, London
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton or Gallery One

Thanks JD3, that is very helpful, you know when you trying to make sense of all the reviews etc.

sounds like you spend a lot of time in FL, We are really looking forward to it,, we went to Miami last year which was our first visit to Florida, and we loved it but thought we would try somewhere different this time round.

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton or Gallery One

I can't comment on Gallery One, but we just had a short stay at the Hilton and it is a beautiful resort in a great location. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

6. Re: Hilton or Gallery One

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2011, 06:16