We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas Restaurant on Las Olas Blvd or Riverfront??

New York
Level Contributor
935 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas Restaurant on Las Olas Blvd or Riverfront??

My new favorite thing is Tapas & Sangria while dining al fresco. Any restaurants on Las Olas Blvd or Riverfront fit the bill?? If not - any nearby? Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,836 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas Restaurant on Las Olas Blvd or Riverfront??

Well, , thought Samba Room probably did, but don't see any evidence of it on their website- anyone know? Other than that , the closest I can come is

http://www.johnnyvlasolas.com/

but I don't know about sangria- they have many wines by the glass...they do have sidewalk table seating and a tapas platter as well as small plates like duck meatballs etc..

Sad to say the closest I can come to a tapas bar at all is way up on US 1 north of Oakland Park Blvd- the fairly new D'Angelo's- but no sidewalk dining.

I am sure not aware of any tapas bars near Riverfront. Seems like the trend hasn't caught on here yet- at least as far as I know. Plenty of sidewalk cafes on Las Olas for wine drinking /people watching, but not tapas style cuisine.

Let's see if any of our local foodies see this post and comment now that it has been bumped further up.

Edited: 03 August 2010, 16:03
Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas Restaurant on Las Olas Blvd or Riverfront??

I have a great one for you, but it is on Hollywood Blvd. and is Turkish.

It is A la Turca.

www.myalaturca.com

The food is fabulous, the service is very good, and the atmosphere is nice. I like to sit outside and watch the people walk by (and they look to see what delicacies you are enjoying).

Be sure to check out their Happy Hour (4 to 7 everyday) with 2 for 1 drinks and mezzes.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,836 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas Restaurant on Las Olas Blvd or Riverfront??

I really love A la Turca! There probably won't be any sangia there , but they do have a nice house red- I have to say we didn't see much foot traffic near there ( on a weekday afternoon lunch at least) , so I don't know how good the people watching wil lbe- but the lttle Turkish snacks - yum( yogurt dip with garlic and walnuts is a favorite, but the list islong)!

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tapas Restaurant on Las Olas Blvd or Riverfront??

St Tropez on Las Olas often have sangria. It's on my list of things to try!

For tapas, try Pronto on Las Olas. They have cicchetti - the Italian version of tapas. They serve various wines and there is outdoor seating where you can watch the world go by.

New York
Level Contributor
935 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tapas Restaurant on Las Olas Blvd or Riverfront??

Thanks guys, you sold us on A la Turca & St Tropez - we decided to give both a try :)

6. Re: Tapas Restaurant on Las Olas Blvd or Riverfront??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 05:20