We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
113 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South

We are considering staying at the Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South from Jan 1, 2011 to Jan 3, 2011. We want to hang at the pool and relax before our cruise. Reviews seem good and they have a restuarant that serves brkfst and dinner. Any concerns we should be aware of before we finalize our reservation? If there are concerns, any orther recommendations?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South

That is actually the only nice Days Inn in town- the others in this area are horrible. It's not fancy and just off the interstate exit but it's clean and tthe staff seems to be customer friendly. I ws not aware they served dinner- but that may be true- but I'm going to check because there really is not much else around them if they don't ( I think maybe teh denny's is in walking distance.. let me double check and post the specific address of the one I think we both mean- I don''t want to recommend the wrong one to you- the others are not just dirty , they are dangeous- so I want to be extra sure!.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South

This is the one I think we both mean-

daysinn.com/DaysInn/…

It's the only Days In location you should consider at all.

But look carefully at the description- they serve breakfast ( free I believe ) but the reference is to a nearby Denny's that serves other meals- which I think is right near the motel, but certainly not in it- I have seen the signs for both and I am a little vague as to wheteher it shares the same parking lot or is a bit further down. There are no other dining choices in that area at all that i know of , so if you don't want Denny's it could be a concern. And you may have to walk a bit to get to it. I'm going to see if I can find out ( in case it's ( gasp) raining..

I can't think of any other concern about it other than food choices.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South

Google maps puts that Denny's 1/10 of a mile away and lists also a small sub shop ( locally owned and not open on Sundays at all) 1/10 mile in a slightly different direction- those are the two food choices. I'm guessing the sub shop mainly caters to blue collar workers from the small businesses nearby , asthe motel is sort of in a warehouse type district and of course right up against the I-95 expressway and a railroad track not far away., but I've never heard anyone complain of noise.

Level Contributor
113 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South

The link you provided is the Days Inn I was asking about. Also, I was mistaken about an onsite hotel restaurent for dinner. Denny's would be the closest,,,it's supposed to be 'in front' of the hotel within close walking distance. I think we will try to stay at this Days Inn based on the feedback you provided. THANK YOU !!

Level Contributor
113 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South

One more question...any feedback on Cambria Suites?

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South

I haven't seen the new Cambria Suites yet, but my friend "in the business" said some of her co-workers went and liked the rooms a lot. There's not much within walking distance...in fact, there really isn't anything within walking distance so if you don't have a car, you're rather stuck. The hotel is brand new and has only been open a matter of months. Wish I could give you better feedback but I'll see if I can get more info for you.

7. Re: Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2011, 09:08