We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham Palm Aire - Advice/Opinions/Waaasup??

U.S.
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Wyndham Palm Aire - Advice/Opinions/Waaasup??

All- Decided on Palm Aire 1 bdrm. We have a car. Need advice/warnings on what to expect. This is a TS resort? What do we ask for gists if we took it? What qualifies u for a presentation? How can we get discounts for the area? Best room/building choice? Any unexpected extra costs? Anything helpful is appreciated.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham Palm Aire - Advice/Opinions/Waaasup??

I'm sorry that some of the questions you are asking are really unclear to me- maybe you could phrase them a little more clearly and try again- or maybe I'm just sleepy..

Wyndham Palm Aire is not in Ft. Lauderdale - it's in Pompano Beach , which is north of us and about 15 miles west of the beach , so a car would likely be very necessary. I have to say I'm not a big fan. My boyfriend plays golf there twice week and I don't think much of the area around it from what I've seen - but there are 166 reviews of the property in the Pompano Beach Forum- maybe you can read the first few dozen an get an idea.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34571-d114378-… Many like it , some have housekeeping issues and several mention that the units are very dated. It is a timeshare resort and my impression is that the sales force is very aggressive and you will likely be pretty much hounded to attend a very high pressure presentation while you are there- some people unplug the phone to avoid that miserable experience , but you sound like you actually want to endure one( I can't imagine why.. yuk!) I do not know what they give as gifts- if it is like most places it will be tickets to some mediocre tourist attraction or maybe a dinner somewhere - no place wonderful I suspect.

There seems to be a big difference in quality from one building and apartment to another and I do not know how they decide who gets what unit.

Edited: 13 August 2010, 05:24
U.S.
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wyndham Palm Aire - Advice/Opinions/Waaasup??

Thanks Lulutoo - You've refreshed me on what I've read on past posts. When I attend a presentation I make it my experience not theirs. If I decide the time is not worth it, I move on. What I'm lloking for is new adice or additional input or even refreshers which u've given me. So, now I need input that will assist me to enhance my vacation. Thank you all once again and peace

Mount Laurel, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham Palm Aire - Advice/Opinions/Waaasup??

I stayed at Palm-Aire several years ago. It was originally a Fairfield Resort. The location is fine. Self enclosed golf resort. The neighborhood around the back area is residential. The resort is across the street from the Pompano Dog Race track and a Walmart is down the street. I had no issues with this resort. The golf area is separate but what I remember, we could use the golf course at a discount (but we don't golf). We did however, get a terrific massage at the club house.

We did NOT listen to any TS sales presentations as we own two TS and no longer waste our time. Don't sign up unless you want something free but the sales tactics could be a bit "strong-arm" for most people.

Edited: 13 August 2010, 13:58
G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
981 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wyndham Palm Aire - Advice/Opinions/Waaasup??

I stayed at the Wyndham for 3 nights in May. It was an ok experience overall but nothing to write home about. I found the rooms dated and they smelled of cleaning solutions. At least they were clean though. Plenty of parking. The main pool is nice, especially in the evening. There were 3 pools if I remember right, but one was closed. They have different events on in the evening, I enjoyed the Karaoke night (Tuesday night). You get free car parking passes for some of their sister hotels on the beach which is quite handy. I didn't do the timeshare presentation and didn't find the sales staff overly agressive, I just said no thank you and they accepted it. Never had any hassle. They did offer some half price dinner cruise tickets for the time share presentation. Hope this helps.

U.S.
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wyndham Palm Aire - Advice/Opinions/Waaasup??

Thank you Steve & G31. This is exactly what I was wanting. Enjoy your vacations and if I can ever assist you, I will. Peace all

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wyndham Palm Aire - Advice/Opinions/Waaasup??

Good to know that the sales force wasn't pushy or forceful. I've heard horror stories about people having to sit through hours of a "tough sell"....... Bless you for having the guts to "just say NO"!!

7. Re: Wyndham Palm Aire - Advice/Opinions/Waaasup??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2011, 07:16