We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sushi

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
currently nomadic
8 posts
Save Topic
Sushi

Looking for a straight up sushi joint... not anything fancy or "Asian Fusion" just good sushi at a reasonable price. Any recommendations?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sushi

I don't generally do sushi- and my favorite Coco Asian Bistro is a "fusion" place, but many of my friends like Heart Rock Sushi on Sunrise BLvd, just east of the Gateway Theater- a storefront place that has been around for years.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sushi

Heart Rock is a great sushi place! On Sunrise Blvd in the Gateway shopping plaza.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
112 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sushi

original post made me wonder, are then any good spots closer to the beach (walking distance)?

Thanks

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sushi

Heart Rock is very close to the beach. To my knowledge there is nothing on the beach that is "strictly" sushi. You can also try Sushi Rock, on Las Olas Boulevard. Good sushi and it also has some interesting creations, perhaps more Asian Fusion than you are looking for though.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sushi

Hmmm- I can't think of one either- but it did get me wondering if Thai on the Beach ( no sushi but good asian stir fries etc with a view of the Ocean) is still in business- it's upstairs near Primanti's just south of Sunrise. I haven't been in ages and haven't heard anyone speak of it lately- anyone know?

We have to see if our eyes and ears of the beach, Tony T ,knows...

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sushi

Thai on the Beach is still open. Good food, reasonably priced and nice view.

7. Re: Sushi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 06:18