We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

our first snow of the year in northern wisconsion. The first snow isn't bad, it's all the ones that follow that get to you. Florida in 9 days. .has Sonic and the Big kahuna opened yet?

How about the new Publix?

A warning about off the airport car rentals on saturday. I just happened to call to verify a car rental and was told that that they close at 4;00. Since our flight doesn't arrive until 3:45 they would not stay open past 4:00. Good thing I called or we wouldn't have had a car. Our daily rate is actually cheaper at the airport through Hotwire but the taxes are almost as much as the daily rental rate.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

Hey coachbob,

Sorry to hear about the snowfall :(

Nice and sunny here today.

Don't think Publix will be open any time soon and as for Sonic, still IMPATIENTLY waiting!!! lol

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,870 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

Big K has been open for some time ,but our poster SueWitt went and said not to bother- she thought it was a horrible tourist trap and I trust her judgement!

Sonic seems to be delayed -we are all waiting and chanting "open , open open" It can't happen soon enough for me!

i thought the Publix would be a remodel of the existing Wild Oats location , but they have leveled that building and are starting from scratch- so nothing anytime soon, but Publix is usually efficient in their building projects - I'll keep an eye on it. I'm wondering if it will be like their new urban prototype with a parking garage as part of it...

Get down here to the warm- it's going to be almost 90 today!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,586 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

Hi coachbob,

It makes me shiver just thinking about the snow. Our weather forecasters are threatening snow in the north of Scotland, heading down the east coast in the next few days. Ouch, that's us!

Have a great holiday. How long will you be in Fort Lauderdale?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,870 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

Coach- is that Enterprise car rental? That's the only major one

I know of that closes early on Saturdays.. just curious- as far as I know the joint airport rental center is open for service quite late on Saturday- except perhaps for some small local vendors who may close earlier than the national brands. Enterprise, as far as I know closes all their locations nationally early on Saturday and all day on Sunday if I recall, making them a good choice for low rates only if you can fit in that schedule.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

hertz at Bahia Mar .4:00 close on saturdays. budget also closes at the Quay shopping center at 4:00.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

the Hertz agent at Bahia mar pretty much insinuated that he would be willing to stay past his normal time but he wouldn't be paid to stay so............

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,870 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

Yes, that is one thing to consider when deciding to rent off airport to save money- all the hours in the little storefront and hotel desk places are much shorter than those at the airport and often a much more limited selection of cars to choose from. I know someone was planning to rent one from Enterprise in a local car dealership which really is more designed for giving out loaners to people having repairs done there and keeps the same hours as the service area at tghe dealership- so it can get complicated. I just hope the agent you think might wait is the one who is actually assigned duty that night...I guess worst case scenario is that you would have to go without a car till the following morning...

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

we went with paying the extra money at the airpot. I couldn't see many positivies in sleeping over night onthe doorstep of the Bahia nar.

I do beleive that the agent was looking for a substantial gratuity. But perhaps I am being cynical

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,870 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

We are really getting our drinking behavior in shape as many of us locals had another night out with Sue and Chris at Blue Martini last night.. sitting on the patio and enjoying the beautiful balmy evening. I think we'll be ready for you in a few more days Coach- and I think Jody from Boston will be down at about the same time- maybe we can have joint get together so you visitors from the frozen north can meet.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: it's snowing here and saturday car rentals

that would be great. we are in ft,. myers beach the 30th throught the 6th then in fort lauderdale at the best western oceanside for a week. Looking forward to the beaches. 25 degrees this morning.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale