We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale 2010.

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale 2010.

Hi From Dublin Ireland -12 Degrees &Snowing,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.We

are staying in Kira Mar on hendricks isle over Christmas.

We would like to attend mass in a Catholic Church on

Christmas morning and enjoy brunch in a local diner nearby.Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Baile Bologna.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale 2010.

Well I'm not certain , but possibly St Anthony's is closest at 901 NE 2nd St - Xmas masses at 7:30, 9, 10:30 and noon . Phone there is 954-463-4614 and I'd suggest calling or checking with the Kira mar who would know if there is a closer one.

Hard to say about a diner- many places are closed Christmas day so employees can be with family. There is the Floridian a few blocks from your hotel , which doesn't look like a diner ( it's several storefronts, not a free standing place) . but has a diner type menu, a counter etc and is locally famous. It may be open but possibly very crowded. It's the only diner type place I can think of nearby. The famous Lester's is pretty far south and west and nothing else diner like comes to mind. You'd want to check to be sure they are open. Hotel dining rooms are usually open , but there is none that is diner like that I can think of.

Edited: 30 November 2010, 17:57
Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale 2010.

The closest diner that I can think of is Victoria Park Diner, on Sunrise Blvd. I'm not certain that they will be open on Christmas. I would estimate that it's about 10-15 min. from Kira-Mar.

victoriaparkdiner.com

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale 2010.

Hi From Dublin,

Thanks for the info Lulutoo & Pat 954.

We both look forward to Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale.

Cheers,

Baile Bologna

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale 2010.

I used to live on Hendricks Isle until a couple of years ago - a great location.

The Floridian, as someone suggested, will be open on Christmas Day. I've only seen the Floridian closed once in the 12 years I've lived in the area and that was when we were hit by hurricane Wilma. But it was the first business on Las 0las to reopen! It's a typical Florida diner experience. I love their tuna melt - not very festive, I know. But they are already decorated for the holidays.

Quarterdeck will also be open on Christmas Day. Turn left out of Hendricks and head towards the beach - you'll find them on the left hand side just before you get to the A1A. (The beach road). Then spend Christmas Day on the beach - that's Florida for you :)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale 2010.

Quarterdeck will be open- but I don't think for breakfast- maybe lunch if you can wait that long to dine. I would also expect possible long lines at Floridian- they can be busy on a normal weekend morning just with their regular local customers- how old are he kids in your party- will waiting for a table be a problem for you? I'm just imagining an after service crowd from the large Presbytarian church right near it- but I am just guessing.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale 2010.

You can see Quarterdeck coupons and specials for this month at quarterdeckrestaurants.com/v2/…index.html

I really don't think that the Floridian will be too crowded on Christmas Day, most people will be at home with their families.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale 2010.

Hi From Dublin,

Thank you so much for all your advice.We really appreciate it.Lulutoo there are two of us we are going to give the

Floridian a visit.Have viewed there menu it sounds good to me.

Cheers,

Baile Bologna.

8. Re: Christmas morning in Fort Lauderdale 2010.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2011, 06:17