We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis--what re kids normally needing car seats

Texas
Level Contributor
816 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis--what re kids normally needing car seats

Hello, everyone

What do taxis do, what does the "taxi" law require, for kids say 5 and 3 and an infant, when using a taxi as transportation with parents to/from airport to hotel and/or cruise port?

We will be taking a cruise, but coming into town the day before the cruise.

The kids and parents will be using ship transportation from the cruise to the airport at the END of the cruise.

Are there restrictions, how do we have to use cabs re car seats, etc.? I guess I'm asking if car seats are REQUIRED in cabs there? If so, do cabs have them--seems like they wouldn't. . .

Thank you.

Ft. Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
386 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis--what re kids normally needing car seats

Unfortunately, our taxi's do not have child car seats and they are required for children who weigh less than 60 lbs. I would recommend that you bring them with you on the flight, in fact, I am sure that the airline will appreciate it. You can also rent them while you are here from several companies.

2. Re: Taxis--what re kids normally needing car seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2011, 06:18