We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A big thank you from Baile Bologna.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
392 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
A big thank you from Baile Bologna.

Hi From From Fort Lauderdale,

Seasons Greetings and a

very Merry Christmas and healthy 2011.Thank you for all

your helpful replys to my posts.A special mention for

Lulutoo for all your advice I hope your computer is back in business.Suewick you were a life saver re 7 eleven

ten minutes walk from Kia Mar great for essentials Beer

and Wine.

Any advice re bars on beach for Happy Hour.

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A big thank you from Baile Bologna.

I've yet to get there but on my to do list is Friday night Happy Hour at the Wreck Bar. I would call to make sure they are open this Friday since it is Christmas Eve.

cut and pasted from New Times:

Wreck Bar

1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, 954-524-5551

There may be cheaper places in town to get wrecked, but you can bet your a** those places don't boast a pod of gorgeous, real-live mermaids who flaunt their assets freely as they swim by the portholes behind the bar. This classic haunt's underwater pool view and dark Florida-kitsch charm became famous in the movies Where the Boys Are and Robert DeNiro's Analyze This. At this joint, your Friday-night happy-hour special comes in the immaculate form of Marina the mermaid, eye candy at its finest. Swill down mojitos and drool longingly as she weaves through the water with utter grace, her enormous gold-red fishtail and curtain of dark hair floating in tow. Wreck Bar's been around forever, but you still can't beat the stiff drinks or Marina's spectacular, buoyant mermaid cans.

Get there early to get a good "view".

I usually go to Happy Hour in Lauderdale by the Sea. They close off the street in the square, just east of Commercial and A1A.

If you have an Iphone of Itouch there is a free Happy Hours app. that you might like.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,139 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A big thank you from Baile Bologna.

Knowing you and your family are enjoying your stay is all the thanks I need!

This is my favorite Happy Hour place , because it is on the waterway , just a couple of blocks south of Las Olas and at Happy Hour you'll be facing west to see the sunset.. A very casual spot , you sit on glider swings or picnic tables. Ther is often a guitarist playing. It's a long time "local's favorite."-so raise a glass for me if you go!

www.bahiacabanaresort.com/restaurant.htm

the food is good too- we met Coach Bob and his lovely wife there last trip- they try to go every time they come down!

Isn't the weather gorgeous today- should stay pretty much like this for the next few days- heard we may have a bit of rain on Xmas Day- but only 30% probability- so not bad , as it is generally 20% on any day.

How old are your children? are they looking forward to Santa ( is he called that in Dublin?) calling on them here or are they too grown up for that?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,139 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A big thank you from Baile Bologna.

Oh ,and if you try the Wreck Bar at the Sheraton Beach , as suggested by Pat , you might try to get there on Friday happy hour - they have one or two real, live "mermaids" swimming in their pool and they wave and blow kisses through portholes in the side!

It's a hoot- my John and Sue's hubby Chris have been offering to towel the ladies dry when they are done , but for some reason , they keep declining their offer!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,139 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A big thank you from Baile Bologna.

browardpalmbeach.com/events/…

5. Re: A big thank you from Baile Bologna.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 06:20