We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B Ocean Hotel? pool?

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
B Ocean Hotel? pool?

Hi.

Does anyone no what the pool area at B looks like? thanks!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B Ocean Hotel? pool?

Judging by the space available (I stayed there when it was a Holiday Inn) I would guess small. Aparently they are having a seperate sun deck away from the pool area.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B Ocean Hotel? pool?

It says on the website:

'Quench - Patio bar featuring infinity-edge pool'

So I'm hoping it's nice. It it a luxurious hotel now? Or is it nothing special? Does it compare to the W or Hilton?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B Ocean Hotel? pool?

I haven't seen the finished product, they were working on it when I was in Fort Lauderdale in October. In pool area is at the back of the hotel but is small. I'm sure that hotel will be massively better than how it was as a Holiday Inn, even then it had potential. All the rooms have an ocean view (no balconies) and I am assuing the the sun deck will be above the poblic rooms on the second floor at the front of the hotel overlooking the ocean. It is a much older and smaller hotel that either the W or the Hilton. Personally if it's priced the same as the Hilton, I think I'd pick the Hilton. Perhaps a local has seen how it is progressing and can give you more accurate information.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B Ocean Hotel? pool?

Hey, this property can't even get the front door open, let alone to "no" what the pool area is going to be.

Check back after Easter.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B Ocean Hotel? pool?

The hotel has been open since January 24th Castleblanca. A friend is going to see it tomorrow and when they let me know what it's like, I'll report back. My friend had seen a hotel room prior to the opening and was impressed....

Edited: 02 February 2011, 13:39
Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B Ocean Hotel? pool?

I left Fort Lauderdale on the 22nd and am currently in Europe. So, they opened (finally) after I left home. I fly back next week.

We all look forward to your and your friend's reviews of the facility. I drive by it almost every day, as I live about a mile north of it (on the beach).

7. Re: B Ocean Hotel? pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 13:09
Edited: 16 February 2011, 13:09
8. Re: B Ocean Hotel? pool?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

9. Re: B Ocean Hotel? pool?

Edited: 16 February 2011, 13:09
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: B Ocean Hotel? pool?

Guess I missed what all the deleted messages said, but the bottom line is that the pool area is small. They have tried to make it look tropical by adding plants, bamboo, etc., but there's nothing they can do with the surrounding buildings.

The hotel itself is gorgeous so I'm told. My friend was delighted with the rooms, lobby, etc., and has booked a room for a relative. Knowing how fussy this friend is, I'd say that's a definite compliment to the hotel!