We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delray Beach vs. Ft. Lauderdale

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
greenwich, ct
Level Contributor
102 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Delray Beach vs. Ft. Lauderdale

My husband and I are looking to get away for 4 nights... we will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale as that is the easiest direct flight for us at the best price... looking at early May. There are a couple places that look nice to stay at either in Ft. Lauderdale or Delray Beach. I don't know much about these areas so I'm not sure which would suit us best. This will be our first trip away from our 8 month old baby, so what we are looking for most is relaxing on a beautiful and quiet beach and getting some much needed sleep! Other than that, great dining is also important to us. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Right now we are looking at The Atlantic Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale or The Seagate Hotel in Delray.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delray Beach vs. Ft. Lauderdale

Hmm... thats a tough one. You really cant go wrong either way. I can tell you that the Atlantic Hotel is a little north of the "heart" of Fort Lauderdale beach. Which is to say it would be a bit more quieter, but you would also have to walk/taxi/drive to get a local bar/restaurant (though the hotel and nearby hotels do have them as well). On-the-other-hand, the Seagate is right on Atlantic Avenue which is known for its abundance of food/bars/lounges/etc. Delary is also about 30/45 minute drive north of the airport, give or take.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delray Beach vs. Ft. Lauderdale

the Atlantic is very upscale and right across the street from a rather quiet area of the beach. Walk just south along the beach and you will be in the area of restaurants and small shops. There are several upscale restaurants ( steak 954, shulas, )nearby as well as many smaller bistro type places where you can sit and watch the beach traffic. If you like to walk , don't bother with a car. The beach trolley will stop for you for $1 a ride.

3. Re: Delray Beach vs. Ft. Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 08:19