We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin vs The W--IMO : oceanfront vs spectacular

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Westin vs The W--IMO : oceanfront vs spectacular

Promised the review so here it is:

Westin pros: friendly service, excellent food and drinks, very comfortable beds,plenty of sunbeds by the pool, free beach chairs by the ocean, walking distance to beach place, Starbucks onsite,excellent ocean view, nice rooms

cons: no balcony for the room:( smaller pool, slower service at restaurant but still great food, ran out of covers for the chairs by the pool(however they do give you extra towels for free)

The W pros: beautiful pool area, great food, friendly service, great bliss bath products, balcony, very chic hotel, comfortable beds

cons: very expensive for everything, charge for chairs at the beach, limited ocean view with a spectacular room (in their defense you could upgrade)

While both hotels were very clean and beautiful I missed getting up and sitting on the balcony with my morning coffee at the westin. But on the up side we saved $600 by staying there!! So its a personal choice and they are both great hotels..

New Jersey
Level Contributor
772 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin vs The W--IMO : oceanfront vs spectacular

Thanks for your opinion

You said you missed your morning coffee on the balcony at the Westin but you also said there was no balcony for your room at the Westin. So where did you stay?

michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin vs The W--IMO : oceanfront vs spectacular

Stayed at both but there was no balcony for me to sit on at the westin..thats what I missed the most...loved being on the balcony at the W first thing in the morning...sorry if it was confusing..however the doors open up and there was no screen just a railing going across the door so you could feel the breeze. I just prefer to sit outside.

Ireland
Level Contributor
123 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin vs The W--IMO : oceanfront vs spectacular

Hi j4332w ,

Just want to say Thanks for the update,Time to make a decision.It looks like I can't go wrong with either hotel

michigan
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin vs The W--IMO : oceanfront vs spectacular

You are welcome. They are both great properties. Enjoy your trip!!

5. Re: Westin vs The W--IMO : oceanfront vs spectacular

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 04:18